Re: Robbie

And still contributors want to take the Micky out of him.
Flynny has told him this season to do a specific job which IMO he has done to the letter.
On Monday he gave him a different roll and look what happened
MOM voted by Contributors on here.
Please Corky lay off him
Its not funny as he clearly reads the forum or gets told about the comments.
Regarding Marlon again its time to lay off the fella.
Its not his fault that he is injured or is it Corky.

Just a minute - you can't have it all one way - you are asking posters to lay off Robbie because he reads the negative comments on here; BUT you wrote off Bennett in one of the very first away games at the start of the season at Stevenage (based on a report and not even seeing the match). More recently you have written off Hayes without even seeing him kick a ball and now Collins.
Now you may hold those opinions about 3 players making up Newport County's squad (which isn't helpful really if what you say is true about the players reading this forum) but you then can't ask for a protective bubble around your Robbie.

Fourthousand wrote:Just a minute - you can't have it all one way - you are asking posters to lay off Robbie because he reads the negative comments on here; BUT you wrote off Bennett in one of the very first away games at the start of the season at Stevenage (based on a report and not even seeing the match). More recently you have written off Hayes without even seeing him kick a ball and now Collins.
Now you may hold those opinions about 3 players making up Newport County's squad (which isn't helpful really if what you say is true about the players reading this forum) but you then can't ask for a protective bubble around your Robbie.
Give over.
IMO Hayes and Collins will not improve the situation.
Bennett has seen better days and his legs are going but he has had a good career.
Very similar to Darren last season, when they go they go nothing you can do about it.
I do not slam into them at every opportunity just state on the day my thoughts.
It was reported on here that even after Robbies strike on Monday there were idiots in the Bisley still giving him stick.
Everybody has a bad day at the office for goodness sake you just read what suits you.
I have stated relating to Hayes and Collins that I hope they prove me wrong which would be brilliant.
Slating Robbie when he has done nothing seriously wrong all season but stuck to Flynnys instructions is IMO bang out of order.
No bubble involved .
All this crap about he is not league 2 standard is idiotic.
If he wasn;t he would not be a regular in a promotion seeking squad.
If you cannot see that I just give up on the Robbie bashers..

Harps62 wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:Just a minute - you can't have it all one way - you are asking posters to lay off Robbie because he reads the negative comments on here; BUT you wrote off Bennett in one of the very first away games at the start of the season at Stevenage (based on a report and not even seeing the match). More recently you have written off Hayes without even seeing him kick a ball and now Collins.
Give over.
IMO Hayes and Collins will not improve the situation.
Bennett has seen better days and his legs are going but he has had a good career.
Very similar to Darren last season, when they go they go nothing you can do about it.
I do not slam into them at every opportunity just state on the day my thoughts.
It was reported on here that even after Robbies strike on Monday there were idiots in the Bisley still giving him stick.
Everybody has a bad day at the office for goodness sake you just read what suits you.
I have stated relating to Hayes and Collins that I hope they prove me wrong which would be brilliant.
Slating Robbie when he has done nothing seriously wrong all season but stuck to Flynnys instructions is IMO bang out of order.
No bubble involved .
All this crap about he is not league 2 standard is idiotic.
If he wasn;t he would not be a regular in a promotion seeking squad.
If you cannot see that I just give up on the Robbie bashers..
All very interesting but my point is you are asking people to lay off him because he reads negative comments (or is told about them) but you dish out negatives about other County players. Now if you and Corky up the volume and frequency of posts about the same subject that is because you both have your polarized views ie you and he are part of the problem because you are constantly bickering - if it's not Robbie then it's Jackson.

Look we all have our views.
If a player plays poor its only fair enough to state that.
I think the majority on here think Scotts best days are behind him.
Including himself
That's life unfortunately.
I hardly daily tirade the fella though.
You picked up one comment from the start of the season.
Blimey how long did it take you to find that.
Its far from a daily critiscm is it.
Read everybody else's comments on Collins.
Surprise Surprise the majority are underwhelmed.
you fail to mention I hope they both prove me wrong and am man enough to say well done lads.
I was Marlon biggest critic originally but hey ho I changed my mind.
Last night I got a tirade of abuse which you notice thankfully has been removed.
Not once has any comment of mine resulted in such action.
Guess what I think I do talk sense and all these contributors including yourself keep bring Marlon into the equation.
The fella is injured and possibly will never now get the opportunity Flynny , Lennie & Mark thought he was worth.
its not me bringing him up but regarding Robbie its just the in thing to jump on the band wagon and knock him back as per The Argus last night.
Here endeth this mornings sermon.
Happy Days.

Harps62 wrote:Look we all have our views.
If a player plays poor its only fair enough to state that.
I think the majority on here think Scotts best days are behind him.
Including himself
That's life unfortunately.
I hardly daily tirade the fella though.
You picked up one comment from the start of the season.
Blimey how long did it take you to find that.
Its far from a daily critiscm is it.
Read everybody else's comments on Collins.
Surprise Surprise the majority are underwhelmed.
you fail to mention I hope they both prove me wrong and am man enough to say well done lads.
I was Marlon biggest critic originally but hey ho I changed my mind.
Last night I got a tirade of abuse which you notice thankfully has been removed.
Not once has any comment of mine resulted in such action.
Guess what I think I do talk sense and all these contributors including yourself keep bring Marlon into the equation.
The fella is injured and possibly will never now get the opportunity Flynny , Lennie & Mark thought he was worth.
its not me bringing him up but regarding Robbie its just the in thing to jump on the band wagon and knock him back as per The Argus last night.
Here endeth this mornings sermon.
Happy Days.
I remember in particular your criticism of Bennett (saying he (iyo) was going to be the Darren Jones of this season), because it was in the same thread where you told me, and I quote:

'Four housand 5th post.
Do everyone a favour and stay off here'.

Ouch!!

Ps no need for a 'tirade of abuse' - name and shame and hopefully the moderators will speak to the individuals.

Pps to my knowledge that is probably the first time I have ever referred to Jackson and that was to point out to you that you keep on and on about him - I don't, and I mentioned Robbie just recently to demonstrate that you expect the Jan recruits to hit the ground running BUT imo it took Robbie half a season to get to the required standard of keeping a place in a L2 side.
Last edited by Fourthousand on January 4th, 2018, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harps62 wrote:
Bush wrote:Best days behind him? He's younger than willmott isn't he? Bennett is only 27.
That really is a genuine surprise to me anyway.
He is six months younger than willmott. Both are 27. Scott turned 27 on 30th November.

For me he isn't a Cm but he's more than adequate back up Cb especially with the fact o'brien is made of glass so he is needed just wish we bought the cover in midfield so he wasn't needed there and can concentrate on being a CB. To say his legs has gone is mental though. Literally just approaching his prime.

Exile 1976 wrote:Not forgetting the constant bashing of Dolan being "too slow, overweight and tired" ...
Thought you might chip in sooner than later.
Guess what I really do think Dolan is overweight , too slow and looks tired by the end of a game.
Guess what I am sure others think the same and have said so.
Where does the constant bashing come from.
Only mention him in my weekly report which hopefully others do appreciate.

Harps62 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Not forgetting the constant bashing of Dolan being "too slow, overweight and tired" ...
Guess what I really do think Dolan is overweight , too slow and looks tired by the end of a game.
But pipe is on his arse by the end of games and you class it as working his socks off. Isn't that why Dolan is tired at the end of games?

Four Thousand.
Peace and goodwill to all men

Seriously I do not bring up Marlon.
Other contributors constantly bring his name into any disagreements.
I just try to defend him when I think its out of order.
Must be the only contributor on here who says something not positive on the forum and gets slated.
Its the usual couple of suspects but like Stan says it just bounces off me.
Happy days.
ps the contributor who gave the abuse knows who he is.
Don't mind banter but anything past that and I will hit the button every time
Sorry Jack.

Bush wrote:
Harps62 wrote:
But pipe is on his arse by the end of games and you class it as working his socks off. Isn't that why Dolan is tired at the end of games?
Simple question.
Does Dolan look overweight.
Pipey not even going there. Blimey when I was a youngster would of loved that ripped look.
IMO Pipey will work his socks off if we played for 180 minutes but might end up leaving on a stretcher screaming his head off.
Blowing a gale outside so keep them coming as its stopping me going stir crazy and Mrs Harps is taking the girls trampolining if they don't get blown over first.
Happy days