Re: Robbie

Great goal & great assist but I'm not going to get excited until I see have have a decent run, Noubs was a bit better today but still not convinced, brilliant save from Joe to keep us in it at the end but the stand out players for me were Mickey D & Dan Butler, they were consistently good for the full 90.
Ps the wind didn't help today.

The Cat wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:Decent cross and a lovely goal, credit where credit is due. But apart from that wasn't in the game.
No, that's not right. He always works hard and today there was an end product. I think he's being singled out, when in fact the whole team are over achieving, him included.
Spot on been singled out throughout the season far more than any body else.
Superb cross and brilliant strike and you get contributors rating him 6 or 7 and stating he is not Div 2 standard or even in the game.
Its mind blowing a brilliant afternoons entertainment one of the stars today with Micky Joe and Dan but still gets grief.
One other thing he is 100% County, popular with the squad and rated by our management team.
never hides always trying.
New Years wish lay off the fella for Petes sake..

The Cat wrote:Well I can tell you that I was stood on the Hazel terrace and a few seconds before kick off a couple of blokes shouted "come on Robbie, do something"!
We hadn't even kicked off. Says it all really.
It really does doesn't it.
Unbelievable

Percy plunkett wrote:Robbie playing in a midfield three doesn't suit him.Today in a four allows him to play the channels and looks a better player.
Percy you are sort of correct but I don't think he was part of a midfield 4 more of a forward 3 playing wide.

Harps62 wrote:
The Cat wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:Decent cross and a lovely goal, credit where credit is due. But apart from that wasn't in the game.
No, that's not right. He always works hard and today there was an end product. I think he's being singled out, when in fact the whole team are over achieving, him included.
Spot on been singled out throughout the season far more than any body else.
Superb cross and brilliant strike and you get contributors rating him 6 or 7 and stating he is not Div 2 standard or even in the game.
Its mind blowing a brilliant afternoons entertainment one of the stars today with Micky Joe and Dan but still gets grief.
One other thing he is 100% County, popular with the squad and rated by our management team.
never hides always trying.
New Years wish lay off the fella for Petes sake..
EXACTLY !!!!!

Corpaboy wrote:MOM for me today by a County mile !

Superb performance .

How anybody can criticise him after the superb cross for our first , and his finish for the second I really don't get ???
Cut the guy some slack FFS
Get your vote on Corpa please then.
Cheers

Tony Soprano wrote:Great goal & great assist but I'm not going to get excited until I see have have a decent run, Noubs was a bit better today but still not convinced, brilliant save from Joe to keep us in it at the end but the stand out players for me were Mickey D & Dan Butler, they were consistently good for the full 90.
Stav

In fairness I really don't think Robbie has played badly at all this season.
In certain games Flynny told him to man mark an opponent for 90 minutes which he did.
Those games you will never stand out like Charlton & Beckenbauer in 66 nobody noticed either of them as they cancelled each other out.
I rate Robbie, always have back to JE days when until he got injured was possibly our best player and rumour was he was off to the Gills
Agree Micky was superb and Dan not far behind plus Joe & Robbie.
Would have played Tozer rather than Scott also.
Agree the wind was a nightmare for both sides possibly benefitting County first half and Exeter in the second

Credit where credit is due. Wilmott performed much much better today. I have slagged him off, mainly for his end product as it just hasn't been up to L2 standard. He finally put in a L2 standard performance.

Butler has been getting better and better too and is becoming one of our most reliable players. The back 5 of Pipe, Demetriou, O'Brien, White & Butler is as good a unit as there is in L2.

If there are any Joe Day knockers still, then you need your heads read. World class save to keep us ahead and has started to actually command his area more. We are lucky to have him and I fear we may lose him to a higher level before long.

Noobs finally pulled his finger out and got his arse moving. Pretty sure MF has had a word because you could actually see him trying as oppose to his laziness over the past month.

Labs is still the difference between us winning and losing though. I didn't really rate him last season and wasn't sure what all the fuss was about, but the last 8 games of the season and his performances this year say it all. A few too many stupid bookings let him down, but he is all class. The captaincy suits him too.

All in all I think we were lucky to get all 3 points, but it all evens out over a season doesn't it........

Harps62 wrote:
Tony Soprano wrote:Great goal & great assist but I'm not going to get excited until I see have have a decent run, Noubs was a bit better today but still not convinced, brilliant save from Joe to keep us in it at the end but the stand out players for me were Mickey D & Dan Butler, they were consistently good for the full 90.
Stav

In fairness I really don't think Robbie has played badly at all this season.
In certain games Flynny told him to man mark an opponent for 90 minutes which he did.
Those games you will never stand out like Charlton & Beckenbauer in 66 nobody noticed either of them as they cancelled each other out.
I rate Robbie, always have back to JE days when until he got injured was possibly our best player and rumour was he was off to the Gills
Agree Micky was superb and Dan not far behind plus Joe & Robbie.
Would have played Tozer rather than Scott also.
Agree the wind was a nightmare for both sides possibly benefitting County first half and Exeter in the second
Harps we'll always have to agree to disagree, I'll give credit when it's due & it was due yesterday, like I said about Noubs in the thread about him, I'd love to see Robbie have a great run, I don't like being critical but if I think hasnt been good enough I'll say so, you seem to have singled out Frank & Robbie as your 2 favourite players, that's up to you my friend but for me they both need to show a lot more consistency before I get excited.
I did like the attitude of the players yesterday however, we didn't go all defensive when we got the lead & got rewarded for it, mind you Joe's save at the end was unbelievable. Great win against promotion contenders!! UTC

Morning Stav.

Seriously they are not my favourite players but I just do rate both and enjoy watching them.
If somebody is crap all the time will say so like in all fairness Marlon was terrible under Feeney and the other idiot but Flynny got something out of him until he got injured so always happy to change my mind.

Anyway marvellous entertainment yesterday.
regarding Joe
Still get contributors (you know who) stating even with a good goalkeeping coach (not Bittner) he is still only league 2 level and unbelievably you get somebody stating they would be chuffed if he got shipped out for £50K because there are better keepers available for less money.
You cannot make it up.
Some of his saves this season have been world class.

My views on Willmott haven't changed from the first time he played for us - he frustrates the hell out of me!!

He naturally looks and plays like a winger but rarely takes his man on and if he does never seems to cut in and run towards the box. His crossing on occasions can be abysmal and never hits a consistent level throughout a game. He's generally lightweight in the tackle and has poor positional sense considering his experience. Oh and he disappears in games.

But having said that he did two things right yesterday that lead to the two winning goals. And if he could do that week in week out then few would be complaining about his place in the team...
Last edited by wattsville_boy on January 2nd, 2018, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.