Re: New Directors

Tony Soprano wrote:Jimmy Exile, I don't really know much about Kev Ward other than he used to be editor of the Argus, as far as I'm aware his business is within the media industry ( I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in his manifesto) the skills he has will no doubt improve our communication between the fans & the media, maybe also create better commercial links but until he actually starts his role nobody knows.
Rob Sant has several people working for him in various roles, ok we're not talking " multi millionaire " status here but he is a businessman & not merely " self employed " his strengths are more along the lines of what he does to help raise funds rather than simply plough money in so rather than sit around wishing for a " golden goose " to arrive at the club, how about offering these people some help when it comes to fund raising?
Hi. fair post and they seem like two good additions. let's see how they get on.

desperate dan wrote:
Jimmy Exile wrote:hi. Anyway congratulations to the 5 who have been elected. as I said before I think the current directors have done a great job so remains to be seen what the new directors will bring. personally I was unhappy with the quality of the candidates with no businessmen putting themselves forward but am willing to give the new guys a chance to see what they can do

Jimmy
Question for you how many of the current board ( elected by the fans ) that you are saying are doing a fine job are businessmen ??

Dan
Hi. I think there are only two? I along with others believe we need more we've been saying it for years. we need a good mix between business people and others.

Bush wrote:We have lost a lot of trust members since the takeover. Be very interested to find out why.
Well 222/18.3% means we have around 1213 eligible voters, and my membership number is in the 1500s but I only joined to buy shares.

There's a £10 or so annual renewal which you have to pay to retain Trust membership but don't need to pay in order to keep any Trust shares you have.

Congratulations to those elected btw.

SJG99 wrote:
Bush wrote:We have lost a lot of trust members since the takeover. Be very interested to find out why.
Well 222/18.3% means we have around 1213 eligible voters, and my membership number is in the 1500s but I only joined to buy shares.

There's a £10 or so annual renewal which you have to pay to retain Trust membership but don't need to pay in order to keep any Trust shares you have.
So we are potentially looking at over a 1000 trust members left since the take over?

Bush wrote:
SJG99 wrote:

So we are potentially looking at over a 1000 trust members left since the take over?
Dunno how many we had at the takeover - it wouldn't surprise me though, people are less interested in maintaining Trust membership than they were in saving the club.

Harps62 wrote:1213
I bought shares and joined the Trust. Notwithstanding that I gave the Trust my email address on three separate occasions I have not received a reply. My trust membership lapsed.

I suspect that it is more incompetence than anything else. I also firmly believe that the way that the club and Trust have been run has led to any number of potential members losing interest. There are those posters who simply state most fans aren't interested in how the club is run. They are right. There are those posters who ask why? They are not only right but they have also insight.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I bought shares and joined the Trust. Notwithstanding that I gave the Trust my email address on three separate occasions I have not received a reply. My trust membership lapsed.

I suspect that it is more incompetence than anything else. I also firmly believe that the way that the club and Trust have been run has led to any number of potential members losing interest. There are those posters who simply state most fans aren't interested in how the club is run. They are right. There are those posters who ask why? They are not only right but they have also insight.
There are those that realise people have many interests and diversions to take their minds off how the club is run. Those posters have both insight and a life.

True dedicated fans will always want to know how the club is running.
Those that just turn up and think its all done automatically are to be polite a little naieve maybe.
Chip in what you can financially and try if possible to attend meetings just to "hopefully" find out how things are going.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Your membership wouldn't have lapsed if you had set up a direct debit.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:We will have lost a few hundred from people , like myself, that signed up my kids, mam, grandparents etc then never renewed them, only my own.
What you did is very commendable. I doubt many others will have done that.
Hi. like exile76 I did exactly that. got 6 people to join for the initial fundraiser but only 2 of us have renewed.

Cornish Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Your membership wouldn't have lapsed if you had set up a direct debit.
Which is what I did, making a monthly donation also.