FGR v Wycombe Incident

Interesting footie fact to remember for pub quizzes. On New Year’s day, Charlie Cooper of Forest green got sent off for a nasty foul. His father, Mark Cooper, the FGR manager, also got sent off for protesting about the same incident.
Can anyone remember any other time a father and son got sent off in the same match?

Incidentally the ref was a certain Mr Coggins.

Re: FGR v Wycombe Incident

And 'kicking off' is used in the context of 'FGR Forum kicking off' as it is so heavily moderated that to an outsider like myself, it looks and feels like the patrons of a gentlemen's club being disgruntled and complaining about the fingerprint marks on the cut glass whisky tumblers and the arrangement of the table cutlery, but for goodness sake don't upset the Chef de partie and mention anything about the fare being served up.

Fourthousand wrote:And 'kicking off' is used in the context of 'FGR Forum kicking off' as it is so heavily moderated that to an outsider like myself, it looks and feels like the patrons of a gentlemen's club being disgruntled and complaining about the fingerprint marks on the cut glass whisky tumblers and the arrangement of the table cutlery, but for goodness sake don't upset the Chef de partie and mention anything about the fare being served up.
:cheers: :lol:

Meanwhile we've got people offering others out and condoning chucking stuff at officials and opposition managers. :oops:

SJG99 wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:And 'kicking off' is used in the context of 'FGR Forum kicking off' as it is so heavily moderated that to an outsider like myself, it looks and feels like the patrons of a gentlemen's club being disgruntled and complaining about the fingerprint marks on the cut glass whisky tumblers and the arrangement of the table cutlery, but for goodness sake don't upset the Chef de partie and mention anything about the fare being served up.
:cheers: :lol:

Meanwhile we've got people offering others out and condoning chucking stuff at officials and opposition managers. :oops:
True but if our forum is an ale house as compared to their gentlemens club then give me the ale house every time.

I think there's a middle ground somewhere... it generally depends on how the trolls are managed. The ones with less common viewpoints on here are *mostly* capable of discussing without abuse and occasionally the straw man leads to interesting debate, that isn't the case everywhere. There's always room for improvement, but this place is pretty decent (though I've only been posting this season when things have been good so rose-tinted specs and all that).

Harps62 wrote:Great forum.
Never seriously come across anybody offering handbags by the main gate.
All these years and still apart from a few close confidents nobody realises me Exile, Bush and Corky are already on the BOD's.
You must have missed Taff's deleted thread, and look how well that worked out for everyone. :o