Some of the things I'd like to see at County:

Most of these things I've mentioned / banged on about for some time, but here's what I'd like to see:

Simplified Ticket Structure: To the extent the FL rules would allow, I'd like to see a ticketing structure with the fewest number of pricing bands, with the option to sit or stand at no extra cost, with the choice of areas to occupy, again, at no extra cost...emphasis on choice.

Club Membership Scheme: Complete with loyalty points, where all of the money a fan spends on the club, from tickets, to merchandise, ball sponsorship etc, etc, is rewarded with loyalty points / and priority for big ticket games. Season Ticket holder would automatically get the points, e.g: 350 for a £350 ticket. Those who support the club the most monetarily should get highest priority. Away ticket purchasing / coach travel could be included.

Benefits & Rewards Scheme: Monies raised to be used SOLELY on the running of the club, getting some money in the bank for future bills, etc, etc, but not for player related costs like transfer fees and wages.

County 'Super 12' Ticket: A pre-paid ticket for those who cant afford a ST upfront. A ticket which can be used for 12 games of your choice, sit or stand, same price, terracing or UNRESEVED seating. Could be electronic, or book of vouchers.

'Ticket for Life' Scheme: A monthly payment scheme for those who wish to use it. Match ticket, Trust Membership, B&R Scheme entry level (or optionally higher) donation, for one set payment per month by Direct Debit, with the assumption of automatic renewal, with the price adjusted on a yearly basis. Possibilty to have a reserved seat like a ST.

Stadium: Get talking to WRU about the exact position regarding our future and look for alternative funding for new ground if no long term at Rodney Parade. Report back to fans on the progress, even if 'no further progress' this month - still inform fans.

I don't know how much of this I could go anyway towards pushing for if elected, but if I ever do stand, these will be the things I shall be trying to bring about to the extent I was able.

Re: Some of the things I'd like to see at County:

Exile 1976 wrote:Some of those are very good. Fair play. Get on the Board !!
The elected board are representatives of the Trust members. As they are not delegates they can't be instructed to put these ideas into practice but by the same token the club should be engaging and listening to the supporter base.

Communication includes the club saying to supporters with ideas. Let's look at that and see if we can make it work. Hopefully the new blood on the board understand that.

Just newport wrote:Yes I like the sound of some of those although the ticketing is currently 2 tired.

Standing or sitting (regardless of bisley or hazel). Can't get any simpler than that.
Ideally we'd have it single-tiered, like this:

Adult £20.00 all areas, sit or stand
Concession (incl students) £10.00 all areas, sit or stand
Children £5.00 all areas, sit or stand
Infants FREE

Now, don't look at the PRICES, they're just as an example, but look at the STRUCTURE...... sit or stand at no extra cost regardless of your age group, regardless of which part of the ground you choose. It's all about choice.
Last edited by newgroundrodney on January 4th, 2018, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sit or stand, the key word there in your reply is choice. I wonder why there is a presumption that sitting is better. It supposedly is, based on price. Why is that?

I'm old fashioned and I think in normal circumstances you should stand at a football game. I never sat down at SP, but then again I was younger. At RP, now I am a kos, for me it's probably 50/50, sometimes stand, sometimes sit. Never in the Bisley though.

Your suggestion of the same price for either is interesting. Then we would know whether fans like to stand or sit.

I can see a problem with the "super 12" idea if we get good enough the have games near or at capacity, you wouldn't know if the tickets were going to be used for a particular match, and would have to retain enough seats/terrace spaces to allow for everyone who had one to turn up at the same time - which would get annoying if there were people locked out and they didn't turn up.

Readily accepted it isn't an issue at the moment, but County have had RP sized crowds before.

Tbf I would probably be one of those more likely to attend if that existed, as well.

SJG99 wrote:I can see a problem with the "super 12" idea if we get good enough the have games near or at capacity, you wouldn't know if the tickets were going to be used for a particular match, and would have to retain enough seats/terrace spaces to allow for everyone who had one to turn up at the same time - which would get annoying if there were people locked out and they didn't turn up.

Readily accepted it isn't an issue at the moment, but County have had RP sized crowds before.

Tbf I would probably be one of those more likely to attend if that existed, as well.
You would have to 'claim' your ticket prior.

Willthiswork wrote:
SJG99 wrote:I can see a problem with the "super 12" idea if we get good enough the have games near or at capacity, you wouldn't know if the tickets were going to be used for a particular match, and would have to retain enough seats/terrace spaces to allow for everyone who had one to turn up at the same time - which would get annoying if there were people locked out and they didn't turn up.

You would have to 'claim' your ticket prior.
Exactly right. You'd have to buy your ticket as anyone else, then renew your 'Super 12' when the last one was used, or revert to pay on the day / online. If I remember rightly, QPR do a 6 ticket version, and also I think Port Vale..... IIRC, Port Vale had the simplest ticket structure of all the clubs I looked at.
But no, we wouldn't need to keep seats back, that's not how it works.... reserved seats are for people who fork out more. It's about choice & reward, carrot and stick if you like.