Stadium Fundraising LTD

My proposal.. while I am happy to continue to pay my monthly Trust donations, I feel like I wish had something substantial to show for it.

What I would like? A framed shirt, signed or not, above my computer desk with my Trust number engraved on it. Whether anyone agrees or feels something different then fair enough.

So, how much would it cost to implement plus how much could we make?

Make take on it is.. lets start with 1000. 1000 shirts, 1000 frames, 1000 engraved plaques. Shirts at trade? £20? Frames? I can see some for £25 so £20 on a 1000 order? Engraved plaques? £3. So £43 to make.

Personally, and this is knowing that every penny from these would go directly into a stadium fund, I would be happy to know there was £100 from this as profit. So a price in total of £143. Maybe a touch steep. I see a team signed shirt from this season on ebay with multiple bids for £102, and that aint going to the club- I assume- and have no problem with that either way, So there must be some call for this. £100 x 1000 = £100,000. I am sure we could push 1000 of these out the door. With a nice letter headed thanks from the trust to feel all warm inside.

To make this affordable. £43 deposit in July or August. Followed by either 4, £25 payments (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec) to release the shirt before Xmas to make a nice prezzie or 8, £12.50 payment (Till April) to release the shirt before the end of the season.

If I may have a dream, I would also like to make an exhibition out of these 1000 shirts somewhere in the centre of town, to display the stadium movement and hopefully inspire more to join the Trust. £100 x 2000 = £200,000.

If I may dream more, make this a 5 year plan. If you participate in all 5 years, when/if we reach our stadium goal, I don't know?! Your name engraved in your seat? Hollywood Walk of Fame leading to the stadium with your name on, your family name on if you chip in on a shirt between you. Something extra. (£100 x 1000) x 5 = £500,000.

I would buy two. One for me and I would get the family to chip in on one for the old man. £200 towards the New Rodney Parade.

I dunno, I had this on my chest and now its not. If it has came up before then there we go. I am also not saying this is going to save the day. If you got any ideas lets explore them together instead of fighting each other at every opportunity.

Re: Stadium Fundraising LTD

Papski wrote:
I dunno, I had this on my chest and now its not. If it has came up before then there we go. I am also not saying this is going to save the day. If you got any ideas lets explore them together instead of fighting each other at every opportunity.
Amen to that.

Only to add that I don't know which ideas work but I do know that nobody should be intimidated from making suggestions and I would hope that the club begin to engage with supporters who offer so much.

If there was a dedicated 'Stadium Fund', which was easy to donate into, even if only part of the shirts sold, all of the money raised, however much that was, could go into the stadium fund. Could be a good idea this.
Our real problem in the first instance is not knowing where we stand stadium wise.If we're told nothing to the contrary, at some point we're gonna have to continue in the assumption we're leaving.
Any funds raised by this initiative, could be used towards whatever options we are able to take up at the time of need. And the time of need will surely come.
How many we'd sell, I don't know.

I have suggested a ringfenced stadium fund before to include 10 per cent of any windfall payments like connor washington regan poole fa cup runs etc this would soon become a substantial figure you would also find people would bequeath imoney in wills when it is going to a lifelong dream of owning our own stadium. people would also donate to this as they would see the goal at the end of it . I think this could be very successful . However lets say we had 1 million pounds in this ringfenced fund and suddenly the team was doing poorly on and off the pitch and the chairman comes with his eye on the cash and says if you dont loan or give us some of that cash you wont have a team to buy a stadium for then what dilemma . What do people think ?

Trev wrote:I have suggested a ringfenced stadium fund before to include 10 per cent of any windfall payments like connor washington regan poole fa cup runs etc this would soon become a substantial figure you would also find people would bequeath imoney in wills when it is going to a lifelong dream of owning our own stadium. people would also donate to this as they would see the goal at the end of it . I think this could be very successful . However lets say we had 1 million pounds in this ringfenced fund and suddenly the team was doing poorly on and off the pitch and the chairman comes with his eye on the cash and says if you dont loan or give us some of that cash you wont have a team to buy a stadium for then what dilemma . What do people think ?
It needs to be ring fenced, regardless of the performance of the team at the time. Needs to be used for stadium issues. If a newbuild is absolutely out of the question, then use it to buy a stake in RP (or towards one), if that's out of the question, then use it for advance rent at wherever will take us at a price we can afford.

Raising funds for a new stadium is a great idea!

I would suggest looking at land for development ten miles up the road from Newport. Bleanau Gwent - poorest county in England and Wales. Land would be dirt cheap there. Newport would become a real valleys club then as well as a Newport one. Would give the whole area a lift. Loads of our fans come from outside of Newport, many from the valleys.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Are EFL clubs allowed to move outside their current conurbation?
Good question? What constitutes a conurbation? With local authority boundries changing on many occasions of late.
Whilst accepting that we are now a new resurrection of the original club it was registered as Newport and Monmouth County Association Football Club in 1912 wasn't it?
Personally i don't think relocation to Blaenau Gwent would ever be feasible. Cwmbran at a push, maybe?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Are EFL clubs allowed to move outside their current conurbation?
Good question? What constitutes a conurbation? With local authority boundries changing on many occasions of late.
Whilst accepting that we are now a new resurrection of the original club it was registered as Newport and Monmouth County Association Football Club in 1912 wasn't it?
Personally i don't think relocation to Blaenau Gwent would ever be feasible. Cwmbran at a push, maybe?

In considering whether to give any consent to a permanent relocation, the Board shall have regard to all the circumstances of the case (including, but not limited to the factors set out in this Regulation 13.7) and shall not grant consent unless it is reasonably satisfied that such consent:

would be consistent with the objects of The League as set out in the Memorandum of Association;

would be appropriate having in mind the relationship (if any) between the locality with which by its name or otherwise the applicant Club is traditionally associated and that in which such Club proposes to establish its ground;

would not to any material extent adversely affect such Club’s Officials, players, supporters, shareholders, sponsors and others having an interest in its activities;

would not have a material adverse effect on visiting Clubs;

would not to any material extent adversely affect Clubs having their registered grounds in the immediate vicinity of the proposed location; and

would enhance the reputation of The League and promote the game of association football generally.

Amberexile wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

In considering whether to give any consent to a permanent relocation, the Board shall have regard to all the circumstances of the case (including, but not limited to the factors set out in this Regulation 13.7) and shall not grant consent unless it is reasonably satisfied that such consent:

would be consistent with the objects of The League as set out in the Memorandum of Association;

would be appropriate having in mind the relationship (if any) between the locality with which by its name or otherwise the applicant Club is traditionally associated and that in which such Club proposes to establish its ground;

would not to any material extent adversely affect such Club’s Officials, players, supporters, shareholders, sponsors and others having an interest in its activities;

would not have a material adverse effect on visiting Clubs;

would not to any material extent adversely affect Clubs having their registered grounds in the immediate vicinity of the proposed location; and

would enhance the reputation of The League and promote the game of association football generally.
Good to see it's so straight-forward ??????

The problem, as ever, is that we do not know what the situation is.

I've been banging on about this for ages now but someone at the club needs to tell the fans, in words of one syllable, what the future holds for us in terms of the ground. Is a renewal certain/likely/unlikely/impossible? Even something as vague as this would be a start.

I don't think it's good form to keep supporters hanging on a thread like this. Many people here have already lost league status once, so if we're at risk of losing it again at least give people the chance to do something about it.

We're hardly moving the club to Milton Keynes! If we want to buy our own stadium it would take much longer to afford to purchase land and afford to build it in Newport than it would in a much cheaper place - Bleanau Gwent! We could do it in half the time!

The alternative could mean us ground sharing with someone like Hereford - much further away