Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Amazingly it's less than 200 years ago that medical science first discovered that washing your hands prevents the transmission of bacteria and viruses from one person to another. However in the 3rd book of the Bible (Leviticus), written 3000 years ago, hygiene laws were given to the Jews including washing your hands under running water, washing your clothes and putting people in quarantine for 7 or 14 days. Amazing!

UPTHEPORT wrote:
County Exile wrote:The people that sell that hand gel are rubbing their hands together. :grin:
since I've been a hospital porter just over 3 years now every week I've brought two small bottles a week from Aldi now this week I can't get any yet if I buy off eBay it's now 12 quid a bottle that I was buying for 49p

The world's gone mad

ALL medicines are going through the roof. Paracetamol has trebled in price over the last three days

i went into a Nursing home yesterday. They have had 2 pallets of hand wash and masks delivered to them. 5 times their normal order :shock:

Blackandamber wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Although not a subject to be laughed at, I was amused to hear on the radio that a supermarket was selling a brand of bottled beer for half price because no-one was buying it. Apparently the brand name is CORONA.
When I was a lad the name of pop or lemonade was CORONA.
Remember it well, with it's distinct bubbly tapered neck and money off for the returned empty bottles.