IFollow

Received the following message quite what to expect other than higher prices is anyone’s guess. Interesting to note that surprisingly payment via direct debit is no longer an option

We hope you have enjoyed the 2019/20 Season and your subscription to iFollow Exiles.

iFollow Exiles is currently undergoing some exciting updates ahead of the new season that will further enhance your experience as a subscriber.

Unfortunately, we will no longer support Direct Debit payments, and as such, you will be required to re-subscribe via an alternative payment method in order to continue to access exclusive iFollow Exiles content for the 2020/21 Season.

Your current subscription will not auto-renew.

Please visit the iFollow Exiles website from 25th August 2020 to re-subscribe. With live video streaming of matches, audio match commentary, behind the scenes content, newsletters, match highlights and much more, there’s no better way to get closer to your club.

Re: IFollow

George Street-Bridge wrote:A few days ago I had a refund for £8-55 for the unused part of last season.

Assume the new package will involve live coverage of games with no crowd, planning for which has been holding up the pricing of season tickets.
I think the problem is a little more complex. The difficulty with live streaming of games is that far more than one person can watch a streamed game for the price of one ticket. And much though those of us who think that everyone should pay their fair share that simply isn't going to happen. I believe too many on this board forget that we are the fanatics, most people who watch Newport County are not as emotionally invested as we are.

A second view that I hold is that I now think that it is more likely than not that whilst the Championship may begin on 12 September, Leagues 1&2 will not. I also think that if not probable, it is now a very real possibility that season 20/21 will be lost in it's entirety.

From the most recent minutes:

"... Specifically [as things stood at that point], we would not be able to switch off the livestream when we resume playing in front of crowds. Our view is to have an approach that offers iFollow video viewing when games are behind closed doors but with the stream switched off when matches can be played in front of crowds. However, this is not available yet but is under consideration by the EFL, along with an away match pass."

George Street-Bridge wrote:From the most recent minutes:

"... Specifically [as things stood at that point], we would not be able to switch off the livestream when we resume playing in front of crowds. Our view is to have an approach that offers iFollow video viewing when games are behind closed doors but with the stream switched off when matches can be played in front of crowds. However, this is not available yet but is under consideration by the EFL, along with an away match pass."
The IT part of this should be very very simple to achieve so the issue is probably with the commercial side of things.

Away match pass sounds a bit concerning, passes last season covered home matches plus aways where the opposition also used ifollow.

I think that difficulty which may arise is this. Most of us don't switch bank accounts or electricity suppliers, even though better deals are available. In short we are creatures of habit. Notwithstanding that watching games via the internet is not allowed in the UK or Ireland, it is available for overseas fans. And it is easily accessed within the UK.

Once people get used to watching games via the internet, many people will not return to attending live football. Cinema is a precedent for this. Star Wars is far better on the big screen but most people have only watched it on the television. Think on this for a while. It is a cold miserable day in January. You can shell out £100 to take yourself and with your daughter and son in law to drive to Newport or for a tenner you can plug your computer lead into your 56 inch flat scream TV and all watch the game in front of a roaring fire. ''Another beer Dad?'' ''Don't mind if I do, I'm not driving.''

I'm not being critical of anyone here, but as you say the times they are a changing.

I have just received an email saying my subscription will be automatically renewed.
This email is to remind you that your Season Pass will automatically renew on 1st September 2020.

Details of your renewal are:

Service Summary

Service: Season Pass
Total Price: £45 (inclusive of VAT/sales tax)
Subscription Period*: 1 Season
Payment method: we will use the same payment details that you provided for your 2019/20 Season Pass.

You do not need to do anything, this will happen automatically. However, if you do not want your subscription to automatically renew for the 2020/21 Season, or wish to use alternative payment methods, you must contact ifollow@efl.com by no later than 25th August 2020, or you may be charged.

Please note our Terms and Conditions apply to your renewed subscription.

We look forward to welcoming you to iFollow Exiles for the 2020/21 Season where you’ll be able to continue receiving access to exclusive Club videos and live match day content!

If you have any queries regarding your account or the auto-renewal process, please contact ifollow@efl.com.

My overseas iFollow has gone from 110 quid to 140 - over 27% increase!!!! I'm hoping that trickles down to the club but I very much doubt it.

Wonder if iFollow are increasing their prices as they know they are going to get a huge increase in patronage due to no crowds.

Amberexile wrote:You just need to work out what this means -

At least 70% of the net revenue from your purchase going directly back to support your club
The key word here is net. Who knows what costs iFollow can claim? 70% of bugger all is bugger all!!!!

Anyone know the figure the club got from iFollow last season?

bignbeefy wrote:
Amberexile wrote:You just need to work out what this means -

At least 70% of the net revenue from your purchase going directly back to support your club
The key word here is net. Who knows what costs iFollow can claim? 70% of bugger all is bugger all!!!!

Anyone know the figure the club got from iFollow last season?
Exactly. The number get bandied around a lot but is pretty much meaningless.

Dear SirsI may have already spoken to your good selves but I have paid about 8or9 times to enjoy the I Follow coverage of County,s IOf so I apologise but when IO book I see the two or three payment squares at the start but I never seem to get past there I then go on to where it says"this game is available or whatever the phrase is I am then lost and I cant get to the picture
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE DIRECT ME TO the picture I am sorry to be a pain but its either me or this machine who is lost PLEASE HELP IO am 83 and rather late to learn Computers PPLEASE...................Many Thanks Bob Bassett

Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 11th, 2020, 12:41 pm

I think that difficulty which may arise is this. Most of us don't switch bank accounts or electricity suppliers, even though better deals are available. In short we are creatures of habit. Notwithstanding that watching games via the internet is not allowed in the UK or Ireland, it is available for overseas fans. And it is easily accessed within the UK.

Once people get used to watching games via the internet, many people will not return to attending live football. Cinema is a precedent for this. Star Wars is far better on the big screen but most people have only watched it on the television. Think on this for a while. It is a cold miserable day in January. You can shell out £100 to take yourself and with your daughter and son in law to drive to Newport or for a tenner you can plug your computer lead into your 56 inch flat scream TV and all watch the game in front of a roaring fire. ''Another beer Dad?'' ''Don't mind if I do, I'm not driving.''

I'm not being critical of anyone here, but as you say the times they are a changing.
That’s a very good point. While as someone pointed out there is no substitute for a match day out with friends and/or family with perhaps a drink or two 😂🙄 for those reaching a great age or who are not in the best of health iFollow is a good alternative. It’s madness not to take their shilling. Newport County TV is coming! 😂😂😂