Re: Happy St David's Day

Hapus Gwyl Dewi Sant i bawb .
David was born in west Wales, most historian agreeing near Caefai bay Pembrokeshire near the City which bears his name.
Although chronicles state he did travel to Ireland.
Incidentally this makes him the only UK patron saint that was born in the country of his patronage

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Hapus Gwyl Dewi Sant i bawb .
David was born in west Wales, most historian agreeing near Caefai bay Pembrokeshire near the City which bears his name.
Incidentally this makes him the only UK patron saint that was born in the country of his patronage

Happy St David’s day to all. With regards to his birth, some historians believe that he was actually born in modern day Ceredigion (Cardiganshire), in a village near Aberaeron. There is some local evidence for this.

Cardi’s are known to be especially frugal with money, but to the best of my knowledge, decent Pembrokeshire people don’t hold that against him :grin:

The city that bears his name is most definitely in Pembrokeshire though. A fact about the City, it is the smallest City in Britain, sometimes this is portrayed as Wells, however, that is the smallest City in England. As well as beating them at the rugby, we can even do smaller things better than them :grin:

pembsexile wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Hapus Gwyl Dewi Sant i bawb .

Happy St David’s day to all. With regards to his birth, some historians believe that he was actually born in modern day Ceredigion (Cardiganshire), in a village near Aberaeron. There is some local evidence for this.

Cardi’s are known to be especially frugal with money, but to the best of my knowledge, decent Pembrokeshire people don’t hold that against him :grin:

The city that bears his name is most definitely in Pembrokeshire though. A fact about the City, it is the smallest City in Britain, sometimes this is portrayed as Wells, however, that is the smallest City in England. As well as beating them at the rugby, we can even do smaller things better than them :grin:
Liking your last paragraph, particularly relevant today as Dewi Sant's most renowned preaching was ' do the little things, they matter'. Not sure I can agree with his message of only drinking water and not eating meat though.