Knees up!

Good Afternoon

I was wondering if anyone has experience of knee replacement? Either themselves or family members.
My dear wife, and former prediction league winner Sue_in_Npton had a total knee replacement last week and we are now on the long road of rehabilitation. I am promoted from but not relieved of washing up duties to “pill and exercise monitor “
What are peoples experiences and recovery timescales?

Phil in Northampton

Re: Knees up!

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Afternoon

I was wondering if anyone has experience of knee replacement? Either themselves or family members.
My dear wife, and former prediction league winner Sue_in_Npton had a total knee replacement last week and we are now on the long road of rehabilitation. I am promoted from but not relieved of washing up duties to “pill and exercise monitor “
What are peoples experiences and recovery timescales?

Phil in Northampton
Congratulations to your wife for her total knee replacement. My wife has been on the waiting list for 7 years. She has had both hips replaced in that time and had stents inserted following a heart attack. I hope your wife recovers quickly.

I had a total hip replacement 2 years ago Phil - not the same as a knee granted! I was one of the youngest in there being in my early 40's.

I was walking 2 miles on the sticks after 4 weeks and 1 stick after 6 weeks. What I will say to your wife is - do your daily exercise and get mobile as soon as possible. You will find you rehabilitate earlier even though it can be painful and tiring.

Only my view, your good lady's doctor may advise slightly differently!

Hope the recovery goes well. :)

Good Morning

Thanks, day nine. It’s tough, it’s harder than expected, mentally and physically exhausting, so much so I only just got my chores done by 3 o clock yesterday!
Seriously it is hard work for her, but she has the stubbornness to get through the pain barrier. Does her exercises and regular icing. The pain is managed with constant pills but does get tough at times.
We have review and physio appointments on Tuesday so that will give an idea how it’s going.
I have great respect for anyone who has had this kind of op and come through the recovery process.

Phil in Northampton