Re: Exiled Exiles thread

I'm Alan, I am retired and live in Pitsea, Essex, I go to games as often as I can, more away than home. Been to Tranmere, Ipswich and Harrogate so far, travelling to Newport this Saturday then Barrow away. I'd like away tickets released two weeks before the game as being exiled you sweat on tickets arriving in the post before you travel.

Quick update as promised. Thanks to everyone that has posted so far. The idea hasn’t gone away.

In my original post some time ago I also mentioned the possibility of exiled exiles doing some extra work for the club/trust in any way. If anyone feels as an exiled exile that they could do any voluntary work please pm me separately with your suggestions and I will compile another list to pass on. Thanks.

Just putting a general idea out there.

Do any other exiles think that it would be a good idea to get an exiles hospitality meeting or rent an executive box for a game at some stage in the future? If the move was successful, it could lead to an annual or even twice yearly event. A lot of us exiles don’t get to as many games as we would like and my view is that, if we got to these games we could meet up with like minded exile people.

The club would benefit by getting the attendance revenue. We could even ask the Trust to start an exiles membership section with appropriate benefits.

Obviously no future date/game has been mentioned yet as this is just an idea. We would need interested parties to let us know before we could move forward.

If anyone is interested, either please put the info on here or PM me if you would prefer.

Quick update on this topic - as I previously mentioned, it hasn’t gone away.

It seems that the club are very interested in progression of the Exiled Exiles group. Just to be clear, this is separate to any other group that is currently working but the club are interested in it being a success. We would obviously work with other groups if needed and at this stage, this would be a volunteer group with no cost to anyone. The main point being getting like minded Exiles to meet up at a game. Thanks to all who have responded so far. A suggestion has been made;

When the fixture list is announced the interested people on this thread have a hospitality event at the club. I am informed that it will cost in the region of £50plus VAT. For that you will get;
Premier seating
Two course meal
A chance to meet some players

At the moment, this would be for 10 people, but, you never know, if there are larger numbers we could apply for a box at the game. I don’t think this would be a problem.

Early days yet and we would need to choose a game that most people would like to see with availability issues to consider. I think it would be a great idea for Exiles to get together and discuss issues in person that we would not necessarily have the opportunity to do otherwise.

If anyone is interested, please put your response on here or contact me via pm if you want and I will respond. Thanks.

Just to say that hospitality is available for an upgrade on the match day ticket or season ticket. It involves a very nice three cource meal, non playing players/manager interviews, seating in front of the boxes but outside of the balcony glazing of the boxes.
Hiring a box is extra, but that might be what the club are offering at a reduced rate.

George Street-Bridge wrote: May 18th, 2022, 9:58 am Is that all hospitality or just with match sponsorship?
Just to clarify - sponsorship wasn’t discussed in our meeting, I suspect that is a separate issue. I don’t know too much about it as I have never considered it.

What was offered was a hospitality package for 10 people, not more than £50 plus VAT that would include;

Premier seating
A two course meal
An opportunity to meet players.

We discussed the ‘boxes’ available. It was agreed that if interest numbers are higher, we could look at the possibility of renting one.