Re: The Olympics

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Did anyone see the German in the modern pentathlon on the horse unbelievable stuff she was miles in front as well
A crazy sport. Have just watched us complete the double gold medal win (men and women) for GB . Exiting finish.
Brilliant stuff 20 gold's

Thoroughly enjoyed this Olympics despite some reservations beforehand due to lack of crowds/atmosphere, and wether or not it was wise to hold them given the Covid situation. Usual mix of disappointments and surprising medals.
Successful medal haul from GB of over 60 medals for 3rd games in a row. Nice to see a Welsh gold medallist on the final day.
Of course none of this success would have been possible without Lottery funding.
Not normally one to praise Tory politicians but have to praise John Major for one of his two very brave decisions, in allocating lottery funding for Olympic sports.
The other one of course involved Edwina Curry.

Thoroughly enjoyed these Olympics. Team GB have done brilliantly.

This morning, Newport born boxer Lauren Price won a gold in the women’s boxing. She was previously the world kick boxing champion and has 58 caps for Wales at football. Surely Wales greatest ever female sportswoman.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
mad norm wrote:Good stuff all round but let's not forget the laudable decision to ban the systematic cheating Russian machine..Must have had a knock on effect and made this a cleaner games all round
And let them in under a different name.
Under the IOC testing that's the difference

pembsexile wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed these Olympics. Team GB have done brilliantly.

This morning, Newport born boxer Lauren Price won a gold in the women’s boxing. She was previously the world kick boxing champion and has 58 caps for Wales at football. Surely Wales greatest ever female sportswoman.

Lauren Price (Boxer): Career

The veteran athlete was born on 25 June 1994 as Lauren Louise Price in Newport, Wales. She has not provided information on her parents but it reported that her parents had left her in the care of foster parents. Later, her grandparents took her in and raised her in Ystrad Mynach, Caerphilly. Also, they encouraged Lauren to make her career in Kickboxing.

She began to have a keen interest in football, kickboxing, and netball since the age of ten. At the age of 13, she had won the silver medal at a World Championship, held in Athen in 2007. Regarding her education, she attended Heolddu Comprehensive School in Bargoed (https://www.heolddu.net/). She later studied at the University of South Wales receiving a Foundation Degree in Football Coaching and Development.

Last edited by yourfinalanswer on August 16th, 2021, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yourfinalanswer wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed these Olympics. Team GB have done brilliantly.

Lauren Price (Boxer): Career

The veteran athlete was born on 25 June 1994 as Lauren Louise Price in Newport, Wales. She has not provided information on her parents but it reported that her parents had left her in the care of foster parents. Later, her grandparents took her in and raised her in Ystrad Mynach, Caerphilly. Also, they encouraged Lauren to make her career in Kickboxing.

She began to have a keen interest in football, kickboxing, and netball since the age of ten. At the age of 13, she had won the silver medal at a World Championship, held in Athen in 2007. Regarding her education, she attended Heolddu Comprehensive School in Bargoed (https://www.heolddu.net/). She later studied at the University of South Wales receiving a Foundation Degree in Football Coaching and Development.

Now that I have done a bit more research on Lauren Price, I have discovered during my search that Lauren might not have been born in Newport, after all. I believe that Lauren was possibly born in Merthyr Tydfil (also spelt Merthyr Tudful). The date of registration was the third quarter of 1994. Can you help? Maybe you would like to help? You might have information that could help me with my research. You can send me a private message.