Re: Picture of pitch

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:I’m pretty sure they won’t be playing at RP next season.
I'd like to think so, but I haven't even seen a suggestion of where they might go. Maybe share at Pontypool or Cross Keys? To take a really hard-nosed attitude, they are in a situation of their own making just like County in the late 80s.
Nah should be somewhere a lot closer to home ….
Provided ground regs are met then Newport RFC could play at a much smaller venue than RP. Painful to say it. Crowd capacity isn't an issue after all. Might be easier to take for the NRFC diehards if Buttress shows some gumption and rebrands the region as Cardiff have recently done.

Re: Picture of pitch

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: But in losing Rodney Parade they were well and truly shafted.
Yes, but ultimately the root cause was they were shafted from within just as Bury were.
I doubt it was the club members who shafted themselves. There is a lot of liquidity in professional sport, and it is tempting for rogues to move in.

But it does show why we as supporters must be vigilant as to how are club is run. Why it is vital to keep questioning those who have charge of our club. Why it is proper not to take things simply on trust. That is not to say that since reformation, anyone involved with County has been a rogue, indeed quite the opposite, but we as a fan base must always be wary.