Re: Reading festival aftermath

That’s our society today unfortunately.I give up my spare time to collect recycling and pick up over 1000 items each week,I can fill a bag in 20 minutes and there’s plenty of rubbish scattered around as well.Our own fans do it at RP,after the whistle two of us walk along the Hazel Terrace recycling plastic bottles which have been left on the terrace.There is a rubbish bin to the right of the dugout and a plastics recycling bin to the left but,many of our fans just leave their bottles on the floor.Why do they do that,are they just too lazy to recycle it,are they just little louts or,do they think someone will clear up after them.The plastic recycling bin is half full so,it isn’t everyone and,occasionally other fans will help us by picking some up with us.It is just the way people act,leave the mess for someone else.

Percy plunkett wrote:That’s our society today unfortunately.I give up my spare time to collect recycling and pick up over 1000 items each week,I can fill a bag in 20 minutes and there’s plenty of rubbish scattered around as well.Our own fans do it at RP,after the whistle two of us walk along the Hazel Terrace recycling plastic bottles which have been left on the terrace.There is a rubbish bin to the right of the dugout and a plastics recycling bin to the left but,many of our fans just leave their bottles on the floor.Why do they do that,are they just too lazy to recycle it,are they just little louts or,do they think someone will clear up after them.The plastic recycling bin is half full so,it isn’t everyone and,occasionally other fans will help us by picking some up with us.It is just the way people act,leave the mess for someone else.

Absolutely nothing to do with ‘society today’ … festivals throughout the years have been exactly the same with ridiculous amount of rubbish left strewn everywhere …. the most famous of them being Woodstock which was left in an absolute shite state afterwards.

Percy plunkett wrote:That’s our society today unfortunately.I give up my spare time to collect recycling and pick up over 1000 items each week,I can fill a bag in 20 minutes and there’s plenty of rubbish scattered around as well.Our own fans do it at RP,after the whistle two of us walk along the Hazel Terrace recycling plastic bottles which have been left on the terrace.There is a rubbish bin to the right of the dugout and a plastics recycling bin to the left but,many of our fans just leave their bottles on the floor.Why do they do that,are they just too lazy to recycle it,are they just little louts or,do they think someone will clear up after them.The plastic recycling bin is half full so,it isn’t everyone and,occasionally other fans will help us by picking some up with us.It is just the way people act,leave the mess for someone else.
Thanks for taking the time to do that Percy, lead by example.