Re: Seven out Saturday covid outbreak

Castle Exile wrote:Please bear in mind there will be a number of players at the club whose religions will not be encouraging the jab.The PFA & EFL have made it quite clear that they will come down hard on clubs whose players are victimised for not having the jab.
They are welcome to prioritise their beliefs over their availability to play, but for me it would be no different from "victimising" a player who prioritises the pub.

Re: Seven out Saturday covid outbreak

The UK's COVID-19 vaccine rollout is endorsed by the British Islamic Medical Association, the Hindu Council, and the Board of Deputies of British Jews (as none of the vaccines in the UK have utilised pork products). The Vatican issued a statement in 2020 saying that vaccines developed using cell lines derived from aborted foetuses can be used and that in the absence of any alternative that such vaccines can be used in good conscience; and the Pope later separately said get the vaccine. Can't recall Welby's pronouncement, but I'm fairly sure it has always been pro-vaccination. Even Mormon leaders are urging their parishioners to get vaccinated, at least in the USA.

I don't think we have any Amish in our midst. The Dutch Reformed Church discourages vaccination, as do Christian "Scientists" I think. Evangelicals are quite hesitant.

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster considers vaccines as the best tool to prevent COVID-19.

The Dalai Lama has urged his adherents to be vaccinated.

There are other religions. Not sure on Shintoism's stance.