Re: Seven out Saturday covid outbreak

If players have a legitimate medical reason to not get vaccinated, then fair enough (obviously), but otherwise they're putting their health and that of their teammates in jeopardy, as well as the club's prospects this season. It's in the nature of their profession that they have to be in close contact, so it's not on for them to shirk their moral responsibilities to get jabbed if they're able to.

In the old days, if a club had an outbreak of flu, or perhaps food poisoning, a request to postpone would have been looked upon favourably especially with as many as seven. Presumably the EFL is taking a hard line about this. No postponement as it is deemed the players involved have not taken all the precautions available to prevent infection. It's a bit of an insult to fans who have waited for league football and got themselves vaccinated in the meantime.

NearlyDead wrote:The UK's COVID-19 vaccine rollout is endorsed by the British Islamic Medical Association, the Hindu Council, and the Board of Deputies of British Jews (as none of the vaccines in the UK have utilised pork products). The Vatican issued a statement in 2020 saying that vaccines developed using cell lines derived from aborted foetuses can be used and that in the absence of any alternative that such vaccines can be used in good conscience; and the Pope later separately said get the vaccine. Can't recall Welby's pronouncement, but I'm fairly sure it has always been pro-vaccination. Even Mormon leaders are urging their parishioners to get vaccinated, at least in the USA.

I don't think we have any Amish in our midst. The Dutch Reformed Church discourages vaccination, as do Christian "Scientists" I think. Evangelicals are quite hesitant.

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster considers vaccines as the best tool to prevent COVID-19.

The Dalai Lama has urged his adherents to be vaccinated.

There are other religions. Not sure on Shintoism's stance.
Where did you hear that evangelicals are quite hesitant? I'm an evangelical christian and I've not heard of anyone who has refused to be vaccinated. I've seen a lot of conspiracy theories on Facebook but I don't know of anyone who is taking these seriously. Those of us who are old enough will remember smallpox. That has now been eradicated by a vaccine which was developed by a devout christian.

Blackandamber wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:The UK's COVID-19 vaccine rollout is endorsed by the British Islamic Medical Association, the Hindu Council, and the Board of Deputies of British Jews (as none of the vaccines in the UK have utilised pork products). The Vatican issued a statement in 2020 saying that vaccines developed using cell lines derived from aborted foetuses can be used and that in the absence of any alternative that such vaccines can be used in good conscience; and the Pope later separately said get the vaccine. Can't recall Welby's pronouncement, but I'm fairly sure it has always been pro-vaccination. Even Mormon leaders are urging their parishioners to get vaccinated, at least in the USA.

I don't think we have any Amish in our midst. The Dutch Reformed Church discourages vaccination, as do Christian "Scientists" I think. Evangelicals are quite hesitant.

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster considers vaccines as the best tool to prevent COVID-19.

The Dalai Lama has urged his adherents to be vaccinated.

There are other religions. Not sure on Shintoism's stance.
Where did you hear that evangelicals are quite hesitant? I'm an evangelical christian and I've not heard of anyone who has refused to be vaccinated. I've seen a lot of conspiracy theories on Facebook but I don't know of anyone who is taking these seriously. Those of us who are old enough will remember smallpox. That has now been eradicated by a vaccine which was developed by a devout christian.
I was watching sky news few weeks back mate they had a feature on the Bible belt and the vaccine the one chap they interviewed was a preacher he said" now we have a papist in the white House he's injecting the evil that is Rome into American vains " I couldn't believe what I was hearing mate and as a Catholic I was laughing but got a feeling an attempt will happen on Bidens life from one of these idiots they couldn't except the last Catholic president look what happened then