Re: Exiles Grandstand orient home

My first game of the season and a chance to see the new signings, right I'll start with the positives....

Day......made some great saves not at fault for either of the goals
Upson.....thought that he looks a great signing, calm and comfortable on the ball but had little options when trying to play it forward.
Cooper.....first league game for us and tired towards the end but thought he looked excellent, moves forward really well with the ball.
Livermore.....came on and looked very confident, some lovely touches and passes. Definitely a squad player.
Telford......out of favour with Flynny but 2 goals in 2 games is enough for me.
Farky......strong and quick, people have said that he gives the ball away alot....well half the team do. Got to be starting.

Negatives.....

Team selection, Smith no.9 for them scored both of their goals but was bang average apart from being tall. Flynn gave Matty an impossible task marking him, Farky should've started today.
Benno.....way too slow to be a starter, squad player at best
Wilmott.....OK but not good enough to start either, how Aaron Lewis is not starting baffles me.

Thought Fisher and Abrahams done ok today considering they were chasing over hit balls and balls 30ft in the air.
Mickey had an off day, not one of his best.
Norman, not sure he's a wing back. Lewis again would be an improved option.
Good to get a point and the young players are looking very promising.

Playing a back four with Matty tasked with marking the big fella was a mistake and cost us two goals.We were slow and ponderous moving forward with just aimless long balls for the front two.All three subs made an impact,in fact I though Dennis did a great job on the 9,Telford scoring and Livermore making his EFL debut looking great.Normally,Flynny would have stuck with experience over youth but,he made the right call.Benno has been awful the last two games and Livermore was in the action from the off,get him signed up Flynny.

SULLY34 wrote:
Norman was playing as right in the back 3 today, Willmott was wing back until Farkey came on and then he went to right back 4. Agree with everything else you say. Think we needed Farkey or Clarke starting today, a back 3 containing Norman and Dolan couldn't handle Smith,

Flynn said in his interview after the game that he tried to sign Smith in the summer.

Percy plunkett wrote:Playing a back four with Matty tasked with marking the big fella was a mistake and cost us two goals.We were slow and ponderous moving forward with just aimless long balls for the front two.All three subs made an impact,in fact I though Dennis did a great job on the 9,Telford scoring and Livermore making his EFL debut looking great.Normally,Flynny would have stuck with experience over youth but,he made the right call.Benno has been awful the last two games and Livermore was in the action from the off,get him signed up Flynny.
it was a back 3 with Norman , Dolan, Demetriou with Willmott as wing back, but agree that either Farkey or Clarke should have started as our back 3 couldn't handle Smith.

Ugo. wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
Norman was playing as right in the back 3 today, Willmott was wing back until Farkey came on and then he went to right back 4. Agree with everything else you say. Think we needed Farkey or Clarke starting today, a back 3 containing Norman and Dolan couldn't handle Smith,

Flynn said in his interview after the game that he tried to sign Smith in the summer.
Spot Ugo, should've been clearer. Last 20 mins he seemed to be in a RWB position but looked out of place.

Day for those worldly saves cooper for his runs and energy Livermore when he came on upped it as well but upson is the oil on the cogs he was excellent today rarely misses a county player when passing and always looking to pass fo rward he was overshadowed by cooper a little bit today but upson for me a proper footballer please give cooper 90 mins at harrogate and livermore 45 min at least if abraham was on with these two he wd not be so frustrated pushing players over all the time he would have the ball to his feet and running o to quality passes instead of back to goal with a centre half up his backside all the time we are not far away from a quality performance