Re: Taking the knee

I don't agree with 'taking the knee' but wouldn't boo the gesture as ppl have a right to express themselves which is fine.
I keep hearing on TV and forums that 'taking the knee' is not a political gesture including on this forum. But the political wing of BLM which is essentially marxist also 'takes the knee'.
So at the risk of pointing out the obvious we have 'knee taking' for both non political and political reasons so perhaps it's no wonder that this is so divisive. IMO I think it would be a whole lot better if football could come up with another way of highlighting racism which we all know exists and as my family is multi-racial we have had, shall we say a few of these experiences... Just my opinion.

rgds Dave

Re: Taking the knee

PerthDave wrote:I don't agree with 'taking the knee' but wouldn't boo the gesture as ppl have a right to express themselves which is fine.
I keep hearing on TV and forums that 'taking the knee' is not a political gesture including on this forum. But the political wing of BLM which is essentially marxist also 'takes the knee'.
So at the risk of pointing out the obvious we have 'knee taking' for both non political and political reasons so perhaps it's no wonder that this is so divisive. IMO I think it would be a whole lot better if football could come up with another way of highlighting racism which we all know exists and as my family is multi-racial we have had, shall we say a few of these experiences... Just my opinion.

rgds Dave
Well put Dave, totally agree