Re: Harrogate ticket.

Can someone from the club bring a complimentary ticket - we surely must have some allocated - that you could be given/collect at the ground?
I'm in a similar situation and steered clear of the postal option. I hope to be able to buy one from their club shop when I arrive in Harrogate this afternoon.

Edit: if I have read it correctly, their pre-matchday sales are from a shop in the town, not the ground.
Last edited by excessbee on September 9th, 2021, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bedeck wrote:I bought a ticket for the Harrogate game last Thursday to be posted as I cannot collect, I live in Essex. Ticket not arrived yet and I am travelling to Harrogate this afternoon. Not Happy.
Have you contacted the club? I had a similar issue with the Mansfield game and it was sorted very efficiently by Poppy in the ticket office.

excessbee wrote:Can someone from the club bring a complimentary ticket - we surely must have some allocated - that you could be given/collect at the ground?
I'm in a similar situation and steered clear of the postal option. I hope to be able to buy one from their club shop when I arrive in Harrogate this afternoon.

Edit: if I have read it correctly, their pre-matchday sales are from a shop in the town, not the ground.
To reply to my own suggestion, that plan didn't quite work as they can't sell me an away ticket until our club rep brings the unsold tickets with them tomorrow. They will then be on sale at the ground. The suggestion was about 5:30 but I'll try a bit earlier.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Just a thought, knowing the vagaries of the postal system it seems to me that agreeing with all our rivals the mutual option to collect ticket at the away stadium seems a simple solution to the problem.
I suspect that clubs would not agree with that as they would want to minimise pressure on their ticket office close to kick off. Most seem to encourage sales before match day (discounted prices) and also eTickets seem to be being introduced. They are happy for visiting clubs to take care of sales. I'm cautious of eTickets. At Oldham, my print at home paper copy was rejected although the phone screen read OK. Same with train tickets, I still chose the printed ticket.

excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Just a thought, knowing the vagaries of the postal system it seems to me that agreeing with all our rivals the mutual option to collect ticket at the away stadium seems a simple solution to the problem.
I suspect that clubs would not agree with that as they would want to minimise pressure on their ticket office close to kick off. Most seem to encourage sales before match day (discounted prices) and also eTickets seem to be being introduced. They are happy for visiting clubs to take care of sales. I'm cautious of eTickets. At Oldham, my print at home paper copy was rejected although the phone screen read OK. Same with train tickets, I still chose the printed ticket.
Oh come on. It would only be a very small number of I suspect older fans like me, who would use the facility. And what would be the harm in asking?

Modern technology is great until you want to do something slightly different. For me if football is about community rather than just taking in every last penny, this is the simple type of initiative that we should try to encompass.

But the problem would be that there would be no certainty it would be only a few fans. If it were so, then fine but it wouldn't be very good PR if away fans turned up to find a long queue. At Harrogate I was glad I went to get my ticket at 4:30 (I arrived on Thursday) The queue at kick off was considerable. The problem that instigated this thread seems to be a postage issue which may be rare, but nevertheless frustrating. My own problem was caused by my own stupidity/forgetfulness in walking away after the Orient match without going to buy my Harrogate ticket...... an age related issue I expect.