Re: Harrogate IFollow

Countymax wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:It's only on audio tonight in UK
**** sake. OK thanks. I'd like to nominate all fans travelling up tonight for Knighthoods.
Video in the UK not available because the fixture was originally scheduled for a Saturday 3PM ko outside the international windows. It seems the EFL consulted fans on how to continue the service and then ignored the feedback (at least the feedback of the fans I have spoken with).

G Guest wrote:Tuesday's game is on live video but not today's game.

What good is this ban on live video for some games doing? None it seems to me. It is just denying the clubs an extra income stream.
From a county perspective probabaly makes little difference, but Harrogate would probably think otherwise.

Brownyboy wrote:

What good is this ban on live video for some games doing? None it seems to me. It is just denying the clubs an extra income stream.
From a county perspective probabaly makes little difference, but Harrogate would probably think otherwise.
Why not make it available to County iFollow subscribers only? In any case that can't be many Harrogate fans who would prefer to watch online rather than see their team in the flesh, assuming they were able to get to the match.

Why? County's home game on Tuesday is live video. This does not seem to be about keeping fans away from the ground. If it was no games would be broadcast. I wish I knew what purpose the football authorities think they are serving with these silly rules.
Brownyboy wrote:

At the back of my mind somewhere is the thought that if supporters' favourite teams were on video on Saturdays they would drop their second teams, who may well be non-league, and stay at home. I'm pretty sure this is what is behind it. During the lockdown when we were allowed video on Saturdays there was little alternative on offer because football was suspended at the lower levels and the grounds closed at the higher levels.