Re: Grandstand Harrogate Away

Blackandamber wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I am surprised that we keep subbing Matty,is it tactical or is he injured.He was nominated captain so surprised if it were tactical.
According to radio commentary we were getting overrun in midfield. Presumably Dolan hasn't got the legs to play midfield anymore so Azaz was used to tighten up the midfield.
Maybe but,we took him off Saturday as well,strange if he is the captain.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I am surprised that we keep subbing Matty,is it tactical or is he injured.He was nominated captain so surprised if it were tactical.
According to radio commentary we were getting overrun in midfield. Presumably Dolan hasn't got the legs to play midfield anymore so Azaz was used to tighten up the midfield.
Maybe but,we took him off Saturday as well,strange if he is the captain.
Surely his captaincy shouldn't be a factor if his substitution is seen to be for the betterment of the team, whether it be tactical or for injury.

Looks like Matty is the next victim of the Flynn freeze out given comments in press today “ doesn’t matter who they are” would appear to be aimed at the captain. Flynn is entitled to change and pick who he wishes, he is judged on results but I wish he would grow up and keep the comments in the dressing room - until he matures he will not progress as a manager.

County ranger wrote:
Looks like Matty is the next victim of the Flynn freeze out given comments in press today “ doesn’t matter who they are” would appear to be aimed at the captain. Flynn is entitled to change and pick who he wishes, he is judged on results but I wish he would grow up and keep the comments in the dressing room - until he matures he will not progress as a manager.
Surely that depends on how you measure progress.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
County ranger wrote:
He has made us a competitive L2 side for a number of seasons - sooner or later you need to progress to a promotion surely?

County ranger wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
County ranger wrote:
He has made us a competitive L2 side for a number of seasons - sooner or later you need to progress to a promotion surely?
Personally view making 'us a competitive L2 side for a number of seasons' as a sign of managerial progression. Also view substituting the captain if his form/fitness, or tactical reasons warrants it for the benefit of the team, as a sign of managerial maturity. Of course others will undoubtedly see it differently.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
County ranger wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Personally view making 'us a competitive L2 side for a number of seasons' as a sign of managerial progression. Also view substituting the captain if his form/fitness, or tactical reasons warrants it for the benefit of the team, as a sign of managerial maturity. Of course others will undoubtedly see it differently.
If you are happy with mid table L2 with some flirtation with play offs but never quite making that is fine and in many ways (I know from 50 plus years) a good attitude to have as a County supporter so keep the Flynn faith.