Re: Any news on Benno

Free beer wrote:No news but just read that Flynny sid in the Argus that Benno was one of the few he could rely on.
Why would you possibly say that in public about the team you manage?
If he has been quoted correctly, it is a thoughtless thing to say, straight out of the Joey Barton book of man management. All that was needed was to say that Bennett is an important part of the team and will be a loss. No need to link his injury to the performance of others.

excessbee wrote:
Free beer wrote:No news but just read that Flynny sid in the Argus that Benno was one of the few he could rely on.
If he has been quoted correctly, it is a thoughtless thing to say, straight out of the Joey Barton book of man management. All that was needed was to say that Bennett is an important part of the team and will be a loss. No need to link his injury to the performance of others.

I think you have got Michael Flynn all wrong, he isn't thoughtless... He is just being a truthfully honest person. So what is wrong with that

Torquay Exile wrote:
excessbee wrote:

I think you have got Michael Flynn all wrong, he isn't thoughtless... He is just being a truthfully honest person. So what is wrong with that
So if you worked in a team that your boss told your customers only a few could be relied on how would you feel - Flynn has lost it, he has accumulated a bloated squad which he cannot manage and is building a legacy of falling out with players that your £20 a game goes towards paying and has no chance of ever kicking a ball for us again! Truthful in private, a team defender in public that is what makes a manager.

County ranger wrote:
Torquay Exile wrote:
excessbee wrote:

So if you worked in a team that your boss told your customers only a few could be relied on how would you feel - Flynn has lost it, he has accumulated a bloated squad which he cannot manage and is building a legacy of falling out with players that your £20 a game goes towards paying and has no chance of ever kicking a ball for us again! Truthful in private, a team defender in public that is what makes a manager.
There is something wrong with Flynn that goes back to his outburst after the playoff final, when he was publicly critical of the Club and deliberately left a lot of questions hanging.
Since that time he has adopted the persona of Mr Angry, with his latest area of dissatisfaction being training facilities. In one of his most recent interviews he mentioned that the training facility criticism was about to be resolved, perhaps that means he is about to bugger off, and then again perhaps not!

Flynn is motivated by only one thing, money! As was notable when he first signed for us with a share of gate receipts over a certain number being part of his package.

So two things, either he wants a new enhanced long term contract with County and it’s not forthcoming, or he wanted to run out his existing contract so it didn’t represent a costly barrier to any other suitors. Only trouble with the latter scenario is to receive approaches you need to be performing well, hence his frustrations.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Torquay Exile wrote:
excessbee wrote:

There is something wrong with Flynn that goes back to his outburst after the playoff final, when he was publicly critical of the Club and deliberately left a lot of questions hanging.
Since that time he has adopted the persona of Mr Angry, with his latest area of dissatisfaction being training facilities. In one of his most recent interviews he mentioned that the training facility criticism was about to be resolved, perhaps that means he is about to bugger off, and then again perhaps not!

Flynn is motivated by only one thing, money! As was notable when he first signed for us with a share of gate receipts over a certain number being part of his package.

So two things, either he wants a new enhanced long term contract with County and it’s not forthcoming, or he wanted to run out his existing contract so it didn’t represent a costly barrier to any other suitors. Only trouble with the latter scenario is to receive approaches you need to be performing well, hence his frustrations.

If other fans feel the same as you (Taunton Iron Cider) and County ranger, why not ask the Trust for a vote of no confidence in the management team.

Torquay Exile wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Torquay Exile wrote:
excessbee wrote:

If other fans feel the same as you (Taunton Iron Cider) and County ranger, why not ask the Trust for a vote of no confidence in the management team.
The one who seems to possibly have no confidence in the Board is Flynn! It was him who has been critical since the end of last season, and publicly too. In my book that is not a good trait for any employee, however what we don’t know of course, are his grievances valid?
Right now all I’m concerned about is our current relegation form, and I just want Flynn fully focused on the job for which he is being very well paid.

Torquay Exile wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Torquay Exile wrote:
excessbee wrote:

The one who seems to possibly have no confidence in the Board is Flynn! It was him who has been critical since the end of last season, and publicly too. In my book that is not a good trait for any employee, however what we don’t know of course, are his grievances valid?
Right now all I’m concerned about is our current relegation form, and I just want Flynn fully focused on the job for which he is being very well paid.
You have misunderstood what I said. When I say the Management Team I meant the manager and his assistant...

If you are on about the Board of Directors that is a different story altogether?

From Argus:-
Bennett will miss tomorrow’s League Two clash with Walsall in Newport and is set for a spell on the sidelines after a scan revealed he has fractured a bone in his foot.

Whether weeks turn into months depends on the results of a second scan.

“I don't know the timeframe yet for 'Benno',” said assistant coach Wayne Hatswell. “I am fearing it is long-term but I don't know the scale of it yet.

“He fractured his third metatarsal but we are waiting for a scan report on ligament damage and if that is added to it then it affects the length out.

“He has been really important for us this year in defence and midfield; he is a tough cookie and will come back but we’ve got to do things without him.”

I'm not sure. Was his a "one vehicle accident" so to speak, or did someone collide with him? A break suggests impact but at the time I thought he'd fallen badly.

It's a shame, of course, to lose him. I had thought he was on a one year contract but I read on here he got two years, which must be a weight off his mind.
Last edited by JonD on September 17th, 2021, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonD wrote:I'm not sure. Was his a "one vehicle accident" so to speak, or did someone collide with him? A break suggests impact but at the time I thought he'd fallen badly.

It's a shame, of course, to lose him. I had thought he was on a one year contract this but I read n here he got two years, which must be a weight off his mind.
It looked to me like their player landed on his foot accidentally.