Re: Exiles Grandstand Barrow away

We're five points from the automatic places and 4 from bottom, that's how early it is in the season. We've had fans calling for his head at some point during a season each year he's been in charge.

People were calling for him to go in January last year, and then we ended up being a Bobby Madley decision away from playing in League One. We even lost 2-1 away at Barrow too.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Fu Ming wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Flynny wants out
If that’s true, he’s not really advancing his cause is he? We can’t afford to pay him off and our results and performances lately are unlikely to make him a target for headhunters. Mind you there is a shortage of lorry drivers and the rewards are increasing exponentially.
Perhaps he can drive over to Bulgaria and bring back Lazar or whatever his name was on the back of the truck.
Wasn’t he from Serbia.
Yes you are correct he was from Serbia.
Thanks for correcting me.

Fu Ming wrote: An example is Cameron Pring from a few seasons ago I thought he was Ok but MF hardly played him and now he is in the Bristol City side.
Bear in mind that was three years ago and he had three further loans before breaking into the City team. It's not like he went back and stepped straight in. Same applies to some other loanees e.g. Josh Laurent who I think predated Flynn.

I agree about having too many players. I was pleased with the move to appoint the sporting director and scout for "development players", but assumed there'd be a competition for them to play in. Happy to be corrected if there will be, but if not then what are we getting out of signing Hall and Greenidge?

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Fu Ming wrote: An example is Cameron Pring from a few seasons ago I thought he was Ok but MF hardly played him and now he is in the Bristol City side.
Bear in mind that was three years ago and he had three further loans before breaking into the City team. It's not like he went back and stepped straight in. Same applies to some other loanees e.g. Josh Laurent who I think predated Flynn.

I agree about having too many players. I was pleased with the move to appoint the sporting director and scout for "development players", but assumed there'd be a competition for them to play in. Happy to be corrected if there will be, but if not then what are we getting out of signing Hall and Greenidge?
Listening to RW at Ipswich,Perry was impressed with Greenidge as he was holding it up and rolling the defender if he got too tight,he seemed a real handful.He had a cameo against Southampton where he won a header or two against Premier players and let Forster know he was there with one challenge.As none of our other strikers can hold it up or play as a target,I think it’s time to give him a go.As for Hall,they said he was a bit hesitant at Ipswich and was a bit lost against Southampton,he wasn’t the only one but,I think it might be a while before he plays again,unless the EFL cup.

The snag is giving everyone a go is damaging the chances of settling on a first 11 or even a first 18.

I'm in a minority here but I quite like the Pizza Plate games. We could have a run this year as it seems to be the only outlet for "development" players and with one win already, another should see us through the group stage. But the paradox is the best way to secure that is probably to use fewer youngsters in the next game. .

Flynny does flood these games with too many kids normally.Now we have a bloated squad then all the squad should all get game time.Greenidge is a big lump and would make a good target man,let’s hope he plays against Arsenal,or before,Fisher isn’t really able to hold it up as I thought he would,the others just run fast so,Greenidge could be the answer with Telford playing off him and Cooper picking up any lay offs.Just a thought really as we need a focal point.

Telford is our only striker who will score the others could not strike a match !
Same as last season too many forwards who will flatter to deceive. What a waste of money! Sides who will go up this season ie. FGR , Exeter and possibly Orient have strikers who assist each other and will score at least 20 goals between them !
Should have looked at the likes of Michael Cheek who has not been given the chance to shine at this level but is scoring for fun season after season in the league below ! Jake Hyde at Wrexham who have has a history and track record of scoring goals.
County have signed forwards without experience and know how at this level !!!!!!

somerton moss wrote:Telford is our only striker who will score the others could not strike a match !
Same as last season too many forwards who will flatter to deceive. What a waste of money! Sides who will go up this season ie. FGR , Exeter and possibly Orient have strikers who assist each other and will score at least 20 goals between them !
Should have looked at the likes of Michael Cheek who has not been given the chance to shine at this level but is scoring for fun season after season in the league below ! Jake Hyde at Wrexham who have has a history and track record of scoring goals.
County have signed forwards without experience and know how at this level !!!!!!
Or of course you could continue the development of what looked a promising partnership with the old head Amond and the young gun Collins who without a mentor appears to have gone backwards in what should be based on last years run in his break through season.

County ranger wrote:
somerton moss wrote:Telford is our only striker who will score the others could not strike a match !
Or of course you could continue the development of what looked a promising partnership with the old head Amond and the young gun Collins who without a mentor appears to have gone backwards in what should be based on last years run in his break through season.
Amond lost a bit of pace but........

Firstly with a target man to play off, think Matt he could have done us proud for at least another season.

Secondly he would be a great mentor for younger players breaking through.

Flynn has his strengths. My worry is that he doesn't address his weaknesses.

somerton moss wrote: Should have looked at the likes of Michael Cheek who has not been given the chance to shine at this level but is scoring for fun season after season in the league below ! Jake Hyde at Wrexham who have has a history and track record of scoring goals. County have signed forwards without experience and know how at this level !!!!!!
You complain we sign forwards lacking a track record at our level, and the two names you suggest have reached their 30s and have next to next experience at our level.