Re: Exiles Grandstand Barrow away

I still think we have too many players. Constant chopping and changing and tinkering. It won't work.

Has Collins done something to upset the management? Was developing into a dangerous player end of last season, then can't get a look in all of a sudden.

I genuinely don't know who a handful of our players are. They disappear for a few weeks then suddenly reappear in the starting 11, and it's like "oh yeah, I forgot about him".

This squad must be costing us an absolute fortune.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Flynny wants out
If that is true then why doesn’t he just quit, but I suspect his preference probably is to be sacked and receive compensation, rather than just walk for free?
Of course it is - he looks disinterested but wants to rip us off for a final pay day before he goes. Only ever had one feeling towards County - how much money can he get out of the club.

County ranger wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
If that is true then why doesn’t he just quit, but I suspect his preference probably is to be sacked and receive compensation, rather than just walk for free?
Of course it is - he looks disinterested but wants to rip us off for a final pay day before he goes. Only ever had one feeling towards County - how much money can he get out of the club.
Think he is a good manager but hard to disagree with you on the money side. Cut of the gate as a player and then as a manager supposed getting a cut of all the cup money.

Don’t mind the guy earning his whack but it smarts a bit when you think that he has applied for other jobs and got turned down rather than being some type of Mr Newport who loves the club so much he tunes down jobs. Cant think of any other club in the league who would reward a manager so much after that.

I haven’t been on the MF out bandwagon but I am tending to agree with a lot of statements on here about is juvenile approach when dealing with the media.
He certainly never likes getting asked tough questions and he is economical with truth for all his talk about being open and honest (I am not calling him a liar but not open enough).
Also I have been mystified by some of the team selection and subs.
I sense like in seasons passed we will see very little of some of the squad, who for whatever reason don’t fit in with him.
An example is Cameron Pring from a few seasons ago I thought he was Ok but MF hardly played him and now he is in the Bristol City side.

Fu Ming wrote:I haven’t been on the MF out bandwagon but I am tending to agree with a lot of statements on here about is juvenile approach when dealing with the media.
He certainly never likes getting asked tough questions and he is economical with truth for all his talk about being open and honest (I am not calling him a liar but not open enough).
Also I have been mystified by some of the team selection and subs.
I sense like in seasons passed we will see very little of some of the squad, who for whatever reason don’t fit in with him.
An example is Cameron Pring from a few seasons ago I thought he was Ok but MF hardly played him and now he is in the Bristol City side.
Yes, mystifying is about right. Then there’s all this talk of “ mistakes “ . After 30 minutes at Barrow, it was one huge f¥cking mistake until the final whistle. It looked like Townsend was reenacting a solo football version of the Alamo :shock:

Where would he go?,you said he would go by September back in June,why didn’t he go in June,why hang on three months if he wanted to go.Why sign players for a new season if he intended to go.Is he setting the side up to be crap so as he gets the sack,if he loves County why would he do that and,as I say,what has he got lined up if he went.A load of questions,can you answer any of them?

lowandhard wrote:
If that’s true, he’s not really advancing his cause is he? We can’t afford to pay him off and our results and performances lately are unlikely to make him a target for headhunters. Mind you there is a shortage of lorry drivers and the rewards are increasing exponentially.
Perhaps he can drive over to Bulgaria and bring back Lazar or whatever his name was on the back of the truck.

lowandhard wrote:
If that’s true, he’s not really advancing his cause is he? We can’t afford to pay him off and our results and performances lately are unlikely to make him a target for headhunters. Mind you there is a shortage of lorry drivers and the rewards are increasing exponentially.
Perhaps he can drive over to Bulgaria and bring back Lazar or whatever his name was on the back of the truck.

lowandhard wrote:
If he were paid off then,he wouldn’t get the full amount until June surely,Butcher had 18 months left and was given a percentage of that.If he is not trying then,we can’t afford not to pay him off.

Fu Ming wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Wasn’t he from Serbia.

Recent results haven’t been good - narrow win against a poor Walsall side and defeat to an equally poor Barrow team. I’m holding out hope that County will pull a good run of results out of the bag, as in recent seasons.

The start of this campaign shows how much Twine carried us in the first half of last season.

Something isn’t right with our team, squad or management. Despite a big squad we can’t seem to decide which are the best XI - please just pick the best 11 and stick with them for 3-4 games, and confidence will grow if our best 11 is good enough.

I’m hoping the DoF steps up and plays more of a part as it looks as if MF needs help right now, perhaps not a surprise given he’s been ill.