Re: Players rushing to the crowd

mike wilks wrote:I'd just like to add another scenario to said debate! As my wife has been shielding due to her immunity being suppressed due to a transplant two years ago, so have I.....The first and only time I venture out without a facemask, is to Rodney Parade (in the open, so to to speak) to the Southampton game, and within a few days am down with confirmed Covid 19 .....(both of us being double jabbed), now whilst I recovered quite quickly apart from taste and smell up to today, last Thursday my wife was taken by ambulance into Gloucestershire Royal Hospital Intensive care, with post covid pneumonia, and whilst she is slowly improving, it frightened the F--K out of me....I haven't been to Rodney Parade since, and whilst OK, mine may be one of several isolated occurrences, it has changed my world to a degree....Football now becomes a distant second unfortunately! :cry:
Completely understand you on that one. My situation is not as serious as yours, however, for the past 18 months I have been trying desperately not to catch Covid and then pass it on to Mrs P. Several years ago she caught pneumonia with other complications and was in ITU for 2 weeks. She has to be very, very careful with chest infections. It is a nightmare.

Glad you are recovering and good luck and best wishes with your wife’s recovery.

Re: Players rushing to the crowd

George Street-Bridge wrote:Similar situation, without going into medical details other than I'm the patient. We renewed our STs so the club gets the revenue but staying away for the foreseeable. Confident in the club doing everything it possibly can to keep people safe, but not for now in that being enough to achieve it.
For once I agree with you. We all now have live with this disease and make the calculated decision on the amount of risk we are prepared to take.

Also, and not wishing to pry into your particular circumstances, I wish you a swift and full recovery.