Re: Players rushing to the crowd

UPTHEPORT wrote:Watching motd are players allowed to run into the crowd we are still in a pandemic saw lids score the player ran into the crowd are players still in a bubble

There was a case players stood talking in tunnel to long so had to isolate isn't hugging fan's you don't know even worse :?
Of course players shouldn't be running into the crowd like that whilst we are still in a pandemic, but are football players and fans simply an example of the ever increasing number of the overall population who are ignoring the basic measures of reducing the virus?
Believe that there is still a very real possibility of some restrictions/lockdowns being re-imposed this winter, if hospital numbers and those requiring mechanical ventilation continue to rise. Undoubtedly attendance at football matches will be high up the list of possible restrictions.

Only my view.

Covid 19 is a new strain of a respiratory virus to which we had no immunity. As a consequence of which about one person in sixty who contracted the virus would die. If the virus had been allowed to run it's natural course that would have caused perhaps one million deaths in the UK.

Because of the measures taken by the UK Government it now appears that less than two hundred thousand people will die. Had the UK had a competent government less than half that number will die.

However we now have a vaccine. And whilst I believe that hand sanitizers should remain in public places and that shops should be able to mandate the wearing of masks if they so wish, at some stage we have to return to normal life.

Of course the authorities need to monitor and be prepared to act if cases, or more importantly deaths, rise but my view is that individuals need to calculate their personal risk and act accordingly.

One final statistic. One day last week, I think Wednesday but please feel free to check, 96 people died within 28 days of catching Covid. 2,300 will have died on that day of some other cause.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Only my view.

Covid 19 is a new strain of a respiratory virus to which we had no immunity. As a consequence of which about one person in sixty who contracted the virus would die. If the virus had been allowed to run it's natural course that would have caused perhaps one million deaths in the UK.

Because of the measures taken by the UK Government it now appears that less than two hundred thousand people will die. Had the UK had a competent government less than half that number will die.

However we now have a vaccine. And whilst I believe that hand sanitizers should remain in public places and that shops should be able to mandate the wearing of masks if they so wish, at some stage we have to return to normal life.

Of course the authorities need to monitor and be prepared to act if cases, or more importantly deaths, rise but my view is that individuals need to calculate their personal risk and act accordingly.

One final statistic. One day last week, I think Wednesday but please feel free to check, 96 people died within 28 days of catching Covid. 2,300 will have died on that day of some other cause.
I agree with all of this, and callous as it may sound the number of deaths from the virus I don't believe is the major area of concern. The danger of the NHS being 'overwhelmed' has seemingly been this government's primary concern since the start of the pandemic and of course the resultant deterioration in providing services for other illnesses. My fear is If the time arrives when they deem the NHS is being 'overwhelmed' they will be forced into reintroducing restrictions.
I've always been a natural pessimist though. Maybe being a County supporter for all of my known life is a contributory factor. A terminal illness no doubt.

I hear people everyday saying,I’m double jabbed,they think they are now bulletproof,they were the first in the pub when restitutions were relaxed and the first to book foreign holidays.Imagine being crammed on a plane with the same air being reconditioned and sharing one toilet for hours at a time.Then spending time in a country that might not have had sensible restrictions and then queuing at an airport full of people for hours and flying back again,sharing one toilet and breathing the same reconditioned air again on the way back.They are all double jabbed so what could go wrong,they relax their guard and don’t wash or sanitize their hands as much,cough or sneeze in public and we end up back to lockdowns.

UPTHEPORT wrote:On the other hand I know of unvaccinated people still carrying on as normal risking others lives
But the major risk they are taking is with their own lives.

I do see you point. Insomuch as some double vaccinated people will still get Covid and some will die. And I agree that those who don't get vaccinated are both selfish and stupid. Having said that, I drive a car. I never drive drunk and I try to be careful. Nonetheless I have made mistakes driving which might have resulted in people being killed. Anyone who drives has. Do we all stop driving? Or do we accept that their is an inherent risk in everything we do?

I supported massive restrictions before all of us who wished could be fully vaccinated. Now that we are my view is that whilst we should be cautious, as in not driving drunk and keeping to speed limits, the time has come to return to normal.

UPTHEPORT wrote:On the other hand I know of unvaccinated people still carrying on as normal risking others lives
It depends on what other precautions they take to protect others and themselves.I had a lady ring me up for a quote for decorating,she said that she hadn’t had the jabs so will I still turn up.I said that as long as we don’t snog each other or share other bodily fluids it will be fine.I know of quite a few more unvaccinated people who are living perfectly healthy and safe lives.It is about using common sense.

Percy plunkett wrote:
It depends on what other precautions they take to protect others and themselves.I had a lady ring me up for a quote for decorating,she said that she hadn’t had the jabs so will I still turn up.I said that as long as we don’t snog each other or share other bodily fluids it will be fine.I know of quite a few more unvaccinated people who are living perfectly healthy and safe lives.It is about using common sense.
Did you end up banging her anyway?

rncfc wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Did you end up banging her anyway?
No,she said I don’t do that with strangers or mix business with pleasure so we should be fine.I charge a very competitive rate so can’t afford to be paid in kind anyway.

I'd just like to add another scenario to said debate! As my wife has been shielding due to her immunity being suppressed due to a transplant two years ago, so have I.....The first and only time I venture out without a facemask, is to Rodney Parade (in the open, so to to speak) to the Southampton game, and within a few days am down with confirmed Covid 19 .....(both of us being double jabbed), now whilst I recovered quite quickly apart from taste and smell up to today, last Thursday my wife was taken by ambulance into Gloucestershire Royal Hospital Intensive care, with post covid pneumonia, and whilst she is slowly improving, it frightened the F--K out of me....I haven't been to Rodney Parade since, and whilst OK, mine may be one of several isolated occurrences, it has changed my world to a degree....Football now becomes a distant second unfortunately! :cry:

mike wilks wrote:I'd just like to add another scenario to said debate! As my wife has been shielding due to her immunity being suppressed due to a transplant two years ago, so have I.....The first and only time I venture out without a facemask, is to Rodney Parade (in the open, so to to speak) to the Southampton game, and within a few days am down with confirmed Covid 19 .....(both of us being double jabbed), now whilst I recovered quite quickly apart from taste and smell up to today, last Thursday my wife was taken by ambulance into Gloucestershire Royal Hospital Intensive care, with post covid pneumonia, and whilst she is slowly improving, it frightened the F--K out of me....I haven't been to Rodney Parade since, and whilst OK, mine may be one of several isolated occurrences, it has changed my world to a degree....Football now becomes a distant second unfortunately! :cry:
Those you love are far more important than any football team. And in your position it will mean that the personal decisions that you have to make are more problematic than those of us fortunate not to be vulnerable have to make.

Also in your position I might well take a different view on when and how far restrictions shouldbe lifted.

In any event I hope that your wife makes a swift and full recovery.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
mike wilks wrote:I'd just like to add another scenario to said debate! As my wife has been shielding due to her immunity being suppressed due to a transplant two years ago, so have I.....The first and only time I venture out without a facemask, is to Rodney Parade (in the open, so to to speak) to the Southampton game, and within a few days am down with confirmed Covid 19 .....(both of us being double jabbed), now whilst I recovered quite quickly apart from taste and smell up to today, last Thursday my wife was taken by ambulance into Gloucestershire Royal Hospital Intensive care, with post covid pneumonia, and whilst she is slowly improving, it frightened the F--K out of me....I haven't been to Rodney Parade since, and whilst OK, mine may be one of several isolated occurrences, it has changed my world to a degree....Football now becomes a distant second unfortunately! :cry:
Those you love are far more important than any football team. And in your position it will mean that the personal decisions that you have to make are more problematic than those of us fortunate not to be vulnerable have to make.

Also in your position I might well take a different view on when and how far restrictions shouldbe lifted.

In any event I hope that your wife makes a swift and full recovery.
Thank You.

Mike I'm praying for you and your wife take care