Re: New Sponsor

The club are a bit late introducing this.At a home game some weeks ago,the subs were warming up near me and I noticed the name on the back of the shorts then.It is very subtle advertising,in fact I had to look real close to see it.I think Matthew has done a great job getting sponsors,that is nine kit sponsors this season.Actually,it is more because the warm up and training kit has sponsors as well.Everything bar the socks.

Percy plunkett wrote:The club are a bit late introducing this.At a home game some weeks ago,the subs were warming up near me and I noticed the name on the back of the shorts then.It is very subtle advertising,in fact I had to look real close to see it.I think Matthew has done a great job getting sponsors,that is nine kit sponsors this season.Actually,it is more because the warm up and training kit has sponsors as well.Everything bar the socks.

Looking better all round.
Last edited by jonescmj1 on September 30th, 2021, 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

I know clubs have to maximize income. However it's all getting a bit silly and lacking in dignity. I thought when the Daily Mirror had reached the lowest point when the sponsored the soles of Frank Bruno's footwear, on the basis it would make a great photo if he was knocked out. By all means advertising around the pitch or in the programme, but where's it all going to stop, Durex sponsoring the players willy's?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I know clubs have to maximize income. However it's all getting a bit silly and lacking in dignity. I thought when the Daily Mirror had reached the lowest point when the sponsored the soles of Frank Bruno's footwear, on the basis it would make a great photo if he was knocked out. By all means advertising around the pitch or in the programme, but where's it all going to stop, Durex sponsoring the players willy's?
If there are companies out there happy to part with their cash, I think it makes perfect sense.

If you have one shirt sponsor who goes bust, your revenue stream for that area is screwed. If you've diversified your income streams by taking smaller sums for items of kit, you're reducing overall risk.

Good approach for me.

rncfc wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:I know clubs have to maximize income. However it's all getting a bit silly and lacking in dignity. I thought when the Daily Mirror had reached the lowest point when the sponsored the soles of Frank Bruno's footwear, on the basis it would make a great photo if he was knocked out. By all means advertising around the pitch or in the programme, but where's it all going to stop, Durex sponsoring the players willy's?
If there are companies out there happy to part with their cash, I think it makes perfect sense.

If you have one shirt sponsor who goes bust, your revenue stream for that area is screwed. If you've diversified your income streams by taking smaller sums for items of kit, you're reducing overall risk.

Good approach for me.
I see your point and it's not a major issue. (Hence the lighthearted way I dealt with it.) But for me it is a bit tacky.

No chance that would be a big cover-up.

big baz wrote:The charges are just like mortgages or probably factoring companies. Quite standard practice but lets not let that stop you and your nonstop BS

So charges are like mortgages, you say?

So tell me, where the B.S. comes into it? Surely not suggesting what I have put a link to is rubbish (is companies house telling lies)?

Well, let us hope they have already paid for that sponsorship (if they can not afford their mortgage since 2019).

One more question do you have any connections with this company or, are you a financial advisor?