Re: Flynn gone

I would say Mr flynn is up there with our best managers .I find it unprofessional the way our board have handled this situation. Responded hours after everyone knew ? If true this wasn't a spur of a moment decision so the boards response was pathetic. Tomorrow should be a sad and great occasion ?we lost another great in Len which should be honoured to up most .but saying that this board seem to want wipe the history of our club out of site ...

Well, that's a bad week. First we lose Len, then Flynny.

You never see it coming. Len maybe, he was 82. But Flynny was at the top of his game, already one of the fourth best managers Newport County has ever had...and rising.

County are run by a fan Trust. So, we can do something, about the number of directors.

Who voted for this? Not the fans.

Question:

Was Flynn sacked.

If so by who?

If so why?

If so to what purpose?

Will there be a fans meeting to discuss this?

Trust is only so thin.

Personally gutted. Flynny was brilliant. A bit 5-3-2, not 3-5-2, but 2 play-offs, FA Cup hero's, kept us up ala Addison.

A brilliant person out of the hood,; like Ferguson said win 70% of what you do as a manager, he did more than that.

As for a so called board. In Bobby Robson's autobiography, he sighted his Ipswich chairman in the early days opening a bottle of champagne when they won, but 2 when they lost.

Lost in Willesden wrote:
Baladabadi wrote:I wish the board had gone and that Flynn had stayed.
If Newport County is still a fans Trust, that can be arranged.

However if we do a couple of searches and see it isn't. Whole new game.
If the Board goes who would replace them?

Flynn was a good manager for us but a bit of perspective needed i reckon. Mikey applied for many jobs when being our manager and I don’t blame him for wanting to get a better job or a better move.

But let’s not pretend he was in love with the club because he was local. The reality is 99% of players and managers don’t give a crap once they leave ad I don’t blame them. So lets get behind Wayne hatswell as no one bigger than the club and that includes foxhall who i wish would resign.

As for Flynn he probably earned 500 grand as our manager as the question is was that money well spent. The bit to keep us in the league yes, but there has been no massive progress since.

Also are we led to believe that mikey walked from a big contact just cos he was unhappy about a few things. That don’t make sense and there has been something big going on here according to what I’ve heard.

I have no idea if your figures are correct, but even if they are then surely just keeping us in the EFL in itself must have secured revenue which would have covered all his later earnings? Given the WRU would likely have installed 3G at that point and we wouldn't have been able to get promoted back?

I have finally received a reply from their solicitors. I will be looking over the paperwork for the next few days. I can tell you by just flicking through the paperwork Underlined and highlighted is the word advertising (what they are saying that Newport County, they are just not adverting enough) that is just one example they have highlighted.