Re: Flynn gone

Madness. What a time to leave.

What worries me more is that there's been rumours flying around for months that he'd be gone by end of September...

I know the board are made of up volunteers, but still, there should be a level of professionalism involved to keep a lid on things. We have had so many rumours come true in recent months before it was official, signings, the director of football announcement.

Loose lips, sink ships.. I fear this may be our titanic iceberg moment. The only saving grace is that Hatswell is taking over, at least there's an element of consistency, let's hope its not as disastrous as the Jimmy Dack era.

The Salamander wrote:Madness. What a time to leave.

What worries me more is that there's been rumours flying around for months that he'd be gone by end of September...

I know the board are made of up volunteers, but still, there should be a level of professionalism involved to keep a lid on things. We have had so many rumours come true in recent months before it was official, signings, the director of football announcement.

Loose lips, sink ships.. I fear this may be our titanic iceberg moment. The only saving grace is that Hatswell is taking over, at least there's an element of consistency, let's hope its not as disastrous as the Jimmy Dack era.
Always someone in the know our board has more leaks than our defence.

Am I reading you correctly when you say you think the rumours have come from the board ?

These rumours have been the worst kept secret since the PO final defeat …. Lose lips come from other areas too …

Justanordinaryfan wrote:

Am I reading you correctly when you say you think the rumours have come from the board ?

These rumours have been the worst kept secret since the PO final defeat …. Lose lips come from other areas too …
And no ….: I don’t know anyone on the board personally.

I know the rumours have been he was leaving end of September but it was hard to believe as this makes no sense on so many different levels. Did the players come in knowing he was leaving in 2 months? If so how do you react to a manager you know is leaving. Did he go to the board and agree to stay on to start the season? Why would you let someone who is leaving build a new team? Hats is great but personally not sure he will be the answer, not very often an assistant taking over works. It's all very strange to me.

Flynn will never be forgotten, he saved us from almost certain relegation, gave us great cup runs and almost got us promoted. A great run.

Just hope that we can survive this season as its a very strange way to conduct business and run a football club.

Will be interesting to see how the players react tomorrow.

Well the rumours were accurate then.

Whatever your views on the Board, this will be a big test of their ability to run a football club.

Personally I am gutted to see him go , I thought it would be third time lucky this season, I don't think his frank admission after the Wembley defeat was anything unusual in the circumstances, but now I can only think of two scenarios.

He's not able to work with the Sporting Director, or there is a job waiting for him across the Severn.

I was lucky to meet him the day before the first Wembley final against Tranmere at the hotel the team were staying in. It was clear then that he was doing a lot of the general management stuff as well as team management. Perhaps he's just fed up of having to sort hotel rooms out!

I wish him all the best and hope this isn't the beginning of the end of what has been achieved to date.

Good luck Flynny.

If he is going, then why not just come out and make a statement himself, so many things that have happened that don't make sense over the last few months.

Cardiff
Swindon
Bristol Rovers
Forrest Green Rovers
Cheltenham Town

Will all be watching this story as it unfolds.

I'm not going to criticise him but I think the writing has been on the wall for a while. The Lincoln situation was probably the starting point. The comment about Director of Football pushed it further, the training facilities nudged it on and this season hasn't moved us on from the previous. No manager stays forever and perhaps one day when he has tried his luck 'higher up' he will come back again.

flat4 wrote:If he is going, then why not just come out and make a statement himself, so many things that have happened that don't make sense over the last few months.

Cardiff
Swindon
Bristol Rovers
Forrest Green Rovers
Cheltenham Town

Will all be watching this story as it unfolds.
He's under contract so probably waiting for a club statement.

Just be happy you've got what you wanted, you can take County Ranger out for a beer to celebrate.....