Re: Flynn gone

I’m surprised that the Club statement says that a search for a replacement is now underway. This departure has been signposted through rumour, and Flynn’s demeanour for weeks, so it would have been encouraging to know that the Board had been proactive and that potential candidates were already lined up.

Yes I too, am sorry that Mike Flynn is leaving the County as since he has been in the Managerial chair the County have been a lot more acceptable as a football club and not the butt of unacceptable jokes and I must say that I had hoped that Mike Flynn would have been a the local man to lead us into the promotion race , How ever it now looks like we will revert to the position of no hope Taffys ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Good Luck to you Mr Flynn I had hoped that things were looking a lot more business like than ever as a football club thanks to your efforts. Bob Bassett

Whilst I have said this before I was never on the MF out bandwagon but I have been questioning his team selection and demeanour of late.
As per usual with The County and MF I find they are more than economical with the truth.
Why is it that as fans ST holders, trust members we have to find these matters out either by 3rd parties or in The Gus.
The club statement barely says anything but the standard parting on amicable terms and it’s the right time to go.
I would like both parties to come clean and state the real reasons.
Unfortunately we aren’t likely to find out.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:I’m surprised that the Club statement says that a search for a replacement is now underway. This departure has been signposted through rumour, and Flynn’s demeanour for weeks, so it would have been encouraging to know that the Board had been proactive and that potential candidates were already lined up.
But that course of action, unless Flynn was in the loop could be interpreted as constructive dismissal. Not to say that feelers wouldn't have been put out.
Last edited by excessbee on October 1st, 2021, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:I have a nasty feeling that this is a parting of ways that both parties will eventually regret. (To avoid any ambiguity I’m referring to Flynn and the County)
I don't.

The relationship between Foxhall and Flynn has broken down completely.

I can't comment on the rights or wrongs and whilst there are a few possibilities which spring to mind I don't have nearly enough information to make any sort of analysis.

I don't say this as a criticism of either but both the chairman and former manager have substantial egos. For me the regret is that Flynn didn't leave after the Wembley defeat. Leaving on the first day of October is far from ideal.

George Street-Bridge wrote:On the principle that the simplest explanation is usually correct, my guess is he submitted his resignation some weeks ago and has been working out his contracted period of notice. It might be rare in football, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.
Except that his contract runs to the end of this season. There is a difference between a contract of employment and a contract for employment.

Further the reason for working a notice is to allow an employer to recruit a replacement.

However I have to add that the fact that some people clearly knew that Flynn was leaving at the end of September means that your explanation as to what happened is thus far the only explanation that makes any sense.

If he was already gone and working out hs notice why would he continue to publicly hit out at certain players? Doesn't make sense to me.
That and refusing to take any blame points more to someone who was under pressure and who'd been given an ultimatum. He didn't want to show any sign to whoever was against him that he was at fault.