Re: Flynn Years

Jonesy3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Can't believe you're comment tbh let's have another committee to look into other committees

You couldn't make it up
Morning Jim,

My problem here is that I find it unfair when people hint that they know something but are unwilling to make the allegation.

Further the allegations seem to be of a more serious nature. It is one thing to call out incompetence which on occasions we are all guilty of, but with malpractice a far greater accusation is made.

I am often critical of the ridiculous amount of secrecy emanating from the club. It would be wrong not to call it out when posters do exactly the same.
Ok then who keeps an eye on those keeping an eye and so on
I've just re-read the thread. I genuinely don't understand what Torquay Exile is asking for? A committee to do what? Discuss an 'idea' that he's already said he can't tell anyone about because he's signed an NDA? That'll be a short meeting!
Apologies to those not old enough to remember Monty Python , but it all sounds a bit Judean People's Front/People's Front of Judea to me! :lol:
I apologize if the people in Newport don't understand. I would like to disclose the ideas that I received a while ago. But as I had to agree to a non-discloser (I also understand several other people on this forum agree to this also). I'm unable to disclose them, I'm sorry.

As this thread is about "Michael Flynn". I was on about setting up a committee (Fundraising) for what is needed for the club (looking for a training ground suitable for a football league side) and also enough land for several 5 aside football pitches to rent out all year-round. I know awhile ago there was a thread called "Our own ground" that I believe Stan set up, but that has gone quiet. We still need a ground to call our own.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
According to the UK Government website Revenue section: tickets for sporting events are exempt from VAT

Perhaps the 'many years ago' maybe the clue?
Stan - it’s all about the ancillary services being offered at these events - if the provider ( clubs, concert organisers, Grand Prix etc) provide a seat, access to toilets, refreshments, even a ticket etc then it’s a service being provided and subject to VAT at the 20% standard rate.

If, in theory, we were only given access to view a sporting event with none of the wraparound services alongside then a provider might tenuously be able to claim they’re not offering a service and ‘avoid’ paying the VAT, so maybe a firework display where the organisers sell entry for spectators to simply watch the fireworks from a field but with no car park, toilets, etc could get away with not adding VAT to the cost of the ticket.

Even the players themselves are subject to VAT! This is because we don’t buy the player from another club we actually buy their playing registration which is subject to VAT. So when Man City bought Grealish for a reported £100M it actually cost them £120M with the extra £20M being VAT, which Aston Villa declare to the VATman and City reclaim.

All of this is one reason why HMRC pays extra attention to ‘players signed for undisclosed fees’ or where a club tannoy announcement says the attendance at a game was 2500 but the fans all know there was nearer 4000 watching and the extra (undeclared) fans weren’t all corporate/staff tickets.

If the civil service ‘code of conduct’ didn’t prevent me from doing so, I could tell some amazing tales about one football league manager who would (literally) offer certain new signings ‘a wheelbarrow full of cash’ as an undeclared signing-on fee, and other tales about multiple PL players and managers who are having to repay £millions in tax because their accountants sold them the benefits of a certain tax avoidance scheme

Torquay Exile wrote:
Jonesy3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Can't believe you're comment tbh let's have another committee to look into other committees

You couldn't make it up
Morning Jim,

My problem here is that I find it unfair when people hint that they know something but are unwilling to make the allegation.

Further the allegations seem to be of a more serious nature. It is one thing to call out incompetence which on occasions we are all guilty of, but with malpractice a far greater accusation is made.

I am often critical of the ridiculous amount of secrecy emanating from the club. It would be wrong not to call it out when posters do exactly the same.
I've just re-read the thread. I genuinely don't understand what Torquay Exile is asking for? A committee to do what? Discuss an 'idea' that he's already said he can't tell anyone about because he's signed an NDA? That'll be a short meeting!
Apologies to those not old enough to remember Monty Python , but it all sounds a bit Judean People's Front/People's Front of Judea to me! :lol:
I apologize if the people in Newport don't understand. I would like to disclose the ideas that I received a while ago. But as I had to agree to a non-discloser (I also understand several other people on this forum agree to this also). I'm unable to disclose them, I'm sorry.

As this thread is about "Michael Flynn". I was on about setting up a committee (Fundraising) for what is needed for the club (looking for a training ground suitable for a football league side) and also enough land for several 5 aside football pitches to rent out all year-round. I know awhile ago there was a thread called "Our own ground" that I believe Stan set up, but that has gone quiet. We still need a ground to call our own.
Does this come from the suggestion on here a while ago from a poster who could raise millions for the stadium but wouldn’t disclose how? Why the secrecy? Why the need for an NDA? Why aren’t you able to disclose who the others are? It’s been disclosed that you are one. I agree, it’s is Pythonesque.

pembsexile wrote:
Torquay Exile wrote:
Jonesy3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

You couldn't make it up
Morning Jim,

Does this come from the suggestion on here a while ago from a poster who could raise millions for the stadium but wouldn’t disclose how? Why the secrecy? Why the need for an NDA? Why aren’t you able to disclose who the others are? It’s been disclosed that you are one. I agree, it’s is Pythonesque.
I have just emailed the person I agreed to a non-disclosure with to see what I'm allowed to tell you. so, please bear with me for a little while.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
County Exile wrote:Stan.A.Einstein wrote:-
According to the UK Government website Revenue section: tickets for sporting events are exempt from VAT.
Perhaps the 'many years ago' maybe the clue?
Do you have a link to where on the Government website you saw this?

I am also "many years ago" ex HMRC (although admittedly Revenue not Customs) and it was always my understanding that match tickets were standard rated for VAT (as opposed to venue hire fees which were exempt) and from a quick scan of the gov.uk website can't see anything to suggest that has changed.
I just googled are sporting tickets subject to VAT and was directed to the site.
UK or ie site? Rules maybe different in the ROI. No idea either way.

NearlyDead wrote:Well, according to this report about the RFL we have:
On July 8, the government announced a temporary reduction in VAT for admission to events and attractions including theatres, concerts, museums and amusement parks.

A reduction in VAT from the standard rate of 20% to 5% will be in effect from July 15 to January 12, 2021. However, the government made clear that this reduction does not apply to admission to sporting events and fixtures.
I can't see the RFL being any different to the EFL.

And referencing that temporary reduction about VAT exemptions arising from COVID is VAT Notice 701/45, in which Section 3.4.2 (The VAT liability of various sporting services) states the following:
Admission charges for spectators Standard-rated
And you would be right. I went back on the website, read it through again and thought why are these people so convinced. I read and re-read tickets for sporting events are exempt for VAT.

Being presently in Cwmbran I made the mistake of thinking that my mobile phone internet connection would lead me to the UK Government site. On a third reading of the relevant section I noticed that at the top of the page there was the option to read the page in Irish.

:oops: :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Quite the opposite, most clubs have negative net worth including those with grounds as assets.
I genuinely don't know. On what basis do you make this assertion?

Edit.

On a similar discussion some years ago it was asserted by many, and I suspect believed by more, that VAT was charged on match tickets. A cursory glance at the Government website would inform any with an interest that sporting event tickets are VAT exempt.

As any small business will tell you expenses that can be legitimately claimed for before a tax on profits can quickly turn an actual profit into a paper trading loss. If football clubs were all in the financial mess they claim scores would go bankrupt. We are always told it's about to happen but year in year out it doesn't.

Because I can read a balance sheet and profit and loss account, unlike someone 'very smart' on here.

jonescmj1 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Quite the opposite, most clubs have negative net worth including those with grounds as assets.
I genuinely don't know. On what basis do you make this assertion?

Edit.

On a similar discussion some years ago it was asserted by many, and I suspect believed by more, that VAT was charged on match tickets. A cursory glance at the Government website would inform any with an interest that sporting event tickets are VAT exempt.

As any small business will tell you expenses that can be legitimately claimed for before a tax on profits can quickly turn an actual profit into a paper trading loss. If football clubs were all in the financial mess they claim scores would go bankrupt. We are always told it's about to happen but year in year out it doesn't.

Because I can read a balance sheet and profit and loss account, unlike someone 'very smart' on here.
Kind of you to say that I'm very smart. Having read the accounts of all 92 clubs perhaps you can enlighten me as to how all these clubs can lose money, year in year out and not go bust?

You have read all their accounts now, haven't you?

Thought not. :grin:

daftasfxxx wrote:
Jonesy3 wrote:
Torquay Exile wrote:I have just received a reply to my email. I will put on here what I can once I have read through the email.
Is it a very long email? :wink:
Or a very slow reader

It is a bit more complicated than that, and it is a very long email. I had to contact their legal team in the UK. I'm now waiting for their legal team to send me paperwork for me to sign. So I am sorry that I'm not able to reveal anything in the email at the moment. And as most will know, that is going to take a while.