Re: Flynn Years

47
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Quite the opposite, most clubs have negative net worth including those with grounds as assets.
I genuinely don't know. On what basis do you make this assertion?

Edit.

On a similar discussion some years ago it was asserted by many, and I suspect believed by more, that VAT was charged on match tickets. A cursory glance at the Government website would inform any with an interest that sporting event tickets are VAT exempt.

As any small business will tell you expenses that can be legitimately claimed for before a tax on profits can quickly turn an actual profit into a paper trading loss. If football clubs were all in the financial mess they claim scores would go bankrupt. We are always told it's about to happen but year in year out it doesn't.

Because I can read a balance sheet and profit and loss account, unlike someone 'very smart' on here.
Kind of you to say that I'm very smart. Having read the accounts of all 92 clubs perhaps you can enlighten me as to how all these clubs can lose money, year in year out and not go bust?

You have read all their accounts now, haven't you?

Thought not. :grin:
I subscribe to a service that alerts me to any club I choose to follow, so yes? You can do the same!

Re: Flynn Years

48
jonescmj1 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Quite the opposite, most clubs have negative net worth including those with grounds as assets.
I genuinely don't know. On what basis do you make this assertion?

Edit.

On a similar discussion some years ago it was asserted by many, and I suspect believed by more, that VAT was charged on match tickets. A cursory glance at the Government website would inform any with an interest that sporting event tickets are VAT exempt.

As any small business will tell you expenses that can be legitimately claimed for before a tax on profits can quickly turn an actual profit into a paper trading loss. If football clubs were all in the financial mess they claim scores would go bankrupt. We are always told it's about to happen but year in year out it doesn't.

Because I can read a balance sheet and profit and loss account, unlike someone 'very smart' on here.
Kind of you to say that I'm very smart. Having read the accounts of all 92 clubs perhaps you can enlighten me as to how all these clubs can lose money, year in year out and not go bust?

You have read all their accounts now, haven't you?

Thought not. :grin:
I subscribe to a service that alerts me to any club I choose to follow, so yes? You can do the same!
All 92? Sorry that's nonsense. Seriously Colin get a life.

Re: Flynn Years

49
https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ce.gov.uk/

Of course, you're correct, I can't possibly receive alerts for companies I wish to follow, for just 50UKP per annum! That would be ridiculous!
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Quite the opposite, most clubs have negative net worth including those with grounds as assets.
I genuinely don't know. On what basis do you make this assertion?

Edit.

On a similar discussion some years ago it was asserted by many, and I suspect believed by more, that VAT was charged on match tickets. A cursory glance at the Government website would inform any with an interest that sporting event tickets are VAT exempt.

As any small business will tell you expenses that can be legitimately claimed for before a tax on profits can quickly turn an actual profit into a paper trading loss. If football clubs were all in the financial mess they claim scores would go bankrupt. We are always told it's about to happen but year in year out it doesn't.

Because I can read a balance sheet and profit and loss account, unlike someone 'very smart' on here.
Kind of you to say that I'm very smart. Having read the accounts of all 92 clubs perhaps you can enlighten me as to how all these clubs can lose money, year in year out and not go bust?

You have read all their accounts now, haven't you?

Thought not. :grin:
I subscribe to a service that alerts me to any club I choose to follow, so yes? You can do the same!
All 92? Sorry that's nonsense. Seriously Colin get a life.

Re: Flynn Years

50
Colin,

The claim you made would require you to sit down read and understand the true as opposed to purported financial position of 92 clubs. That is nonsense. Read the thread through. When I realize I have made a mistake I simply acknowledge the fact. Trying to justify a ridiculous claims makes you look ridiculous.

Grow up and get a life.

Re: Flynn Years

51
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Colin,

The claim you made would require you to sit down read and understand the true as opposed to purported financial position of 92 clubs. That is nonsense. Read the thread through. When I realize I have made a mistake I simply acknowledge the fact. Trying to justify a ridiculous claims makes you look ridiculous.

Grow up and get a life.
A balance sheet takes about 30-40 seconds to read for an educated 9-year-old.

Re: Flynn Years

52
No Football League club has gone bust in the last 60 years. And yet the majority of clubs lose money every year. That paradox Colin would tend to suggest that either the basic laws of economics are wrong or the figures are massaged.

I rather think it's the latter. And I think even an average 9 year old will be able to follow that. Whilst I'm sure many on here will find the thought of you getting buzzed with the latest financial news of Preston North End amusing I find the thought desperately sad. If you are not being truthful it's pathetic, if you are being truthful it's unbearably sad.

Re: Flynn Years

53
Stan A. Einstein wrote:No Football League club has gone bust in the last 60 years. And yet the majority of clubs lose money every year. That paradox Colin would tend to suggest that either the basic laws of economics are wrong or the figures are massaged.

I rather think it's the latter. And I think even an average 9 year old will be able to follow that. Whilst I'm sure many on here will find the thought of you getting buzzed with the latest financial news of Preston North End amusing I find the thought desperately sad. If you are not being truthful it's pathetic, if you are being truthful it's unbearably sad.
Physician heal thyself! The end!

Re: Flynn Years

55
George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:No Football League club has gone bust in the last 60 years.
Bury? Macclesfield? There's probably some clever-clever answer that either or both still exist as companies, but in terms of being able to fulfil the purpose they were formed for I'd say they have gone bust.
Bury I'd forgotten about. Macclesfield were like Scarborough, Rushden, Aldershot non-League. When I'm wrong I say I am, I don't make clever clever answers, I try to deal with the issues. Besides everyone makes mistakes, only idiots try to cover them up.

But the main point remains. All these football clubs run at a loss year in year out and only one Bury went busy. In the last 60 years Woolworth, Rolls Royce, Mothercare, British Home Stores, and God knows how many other well known and seemingly financially stable companies have folded.

We keep hearing that football league clubs lose fortunes year in year out but their bankruptcy rate is tiny compared to just about any other area of business.

Can you explain that George? Because I'm [email protected] if I can. :grin:

Re: Flynn Years

59
George Street-Bridge wrote:Thanks for a good example of what I'd call a clever-clever answer. Macclesfield went bust having been admitted to the National League but without ever playing in it this time round, several weeks before the NL started last season and because of the management of their finances as an EFL club.
George,

Pause for a moment. Let's include, Newport, Scarborough, Chester, Rushden and Aldershot. It simply doesn't alter the fact that compared to any other business only a tiny proportion of football clubs go bust.

Now I don't know of any sphere of economics whereby companies running at a loss year in year out remain in business. But we are asked to believe that football clubs somehow defy gravity. Now I don't understand that and I would be grateful if you could explain to me how that happens. And spare me please that directors have deep pockets. The idea that canny business men and women out of altruism finance football is nonsense.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users