Re: So who's taking over

G Guest wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:It’s all about opinions,Rowberry is untried and a big gamble.Better to pick someone with a track record.
I wouldn't hold that against him. We are not Man U. He will certainly know a lot of people in the game in England and that could be a good start. I don't put much store by coaching badges. He was very young to get them but he wasn't a player so that gave him time to do it while others were playing. I would want to know that he wants to be a manager and see what impression he makes when talked with at length. He should know better than most that management is a precarious occupation and that, in the end, most managers fail. There are loads of questions but in the end it is the feeling that the board get for the man that counts rather than coaching badges. If Hats is staying, which I hope he is, I wouldn't employ Rowberry but rather a more senior manager who would fit in better with Hats' immense experience as a player and a coach. I wouldn't try to make up a manager from bits of two people, say Rowberry as head coach and a more business man managerial type. That won't work for us. We need a clear and unchallenged gaffer.
Imo wherever Flynn goes next Hatswell will follow.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
G Guest wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:It’s all about opinions,Rowberry is untried and a big gamble.Better to pick someone with a track record.
I wouldn't hold that against him. We are not Man U. He will certainly know a lot of people in the game in England and that could be a good start. I don't put much store by coaching badges. He was very young to get them but he wasn't a player so that gave him time to do it while others were playing. I would want to know that he wants to be a manager and see what impression he makes when talked with at length. He should know better than most that management is a precarious occupation and that, in the end, most managers fail. There are loads of questions but in the end it is the feeling that the board get for the man that counts rather than coaching badges. If Hats is staying, which I hope he is, I wouldn't employ Rowberry but rather a more senior manager who would fit in better with Hats' immense experience as a player and a coach. I wouldn't try to make up a manager from bits of two people, say Rowberry as head coach and a more business man managerial type. That won't work for us. We need a clear and unchallenged gaffer.
Imo wherever Flynn goes next Hatswell will follow.
See, I used to assume that, but now I’m not so sure. For one, I would have thought that Hats would have walked out with him in the first place, but judging by the pre-match press conference (which is on YouTube, and makes for very interesting viewing), he seems a lot more interested in doing right by the club.

If Hatswell is to follow Flynn, surely that will only come to bear when Flynn negotiates a deal with his next club. Part of his arrangement will be bringing his backroom staff. This must be to the satisfaction of the new club and Flynn’s chosen staff. Hatswell is hardly likely to stand down when there is, as yet, no other post to move to.

lowandhard wrote:The betting odds are laughable. Roy Keane and Chris Coleman at 25/1
Then there is Curtis Woodhouse at 25’s,left football to be a pro boxer and has come back to have a glittering managerial career.Sheffield FC,Hull United,Goole,Bridlington,Tadcaster and Gainsborough.He left them in February so not sure what he’s been doing since,maybe gone back to boxing although he has been awarded a BEM.

We know how these situations roll, assistant manager takes temporary charge, if he wins games and wants the job - he gets the job.......

Or problem will be attracting someone prepared to work for a club with seemingly poor infrastructure, so likely to be someone out of work with nothing to lose.

Will that deliver the progression that some think Flynny couldn't deliver?

Could it be Hats, Ellison, Podge, or a combination of either/or?