Re: So who's taking over

somerton moss wrote:Ian Holloway great motivator, manager will take County up this season !
Outsiders Sol Cambell and Tisdale ?
Football tactics aside, Holloway was great value again tonight on the TV. His time at Grimsby was a mess but didn’t seem entirely his fault. Think he’s done with the game (for now) though. Tisdale for me.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Wouldn't mind Garrard from Boreham Wood. Plays good football and has picked up players from the lower leagues and seen them move onto to clubs in the EFL.
Much easier job in their catchment area.
True, but we're hardly a team full of players from South Wales. I'm sure part-time players would move if there was an offer of a professional contract from a manager with a reputation for developing similar players.
What I'm thinking is the huge pool of players he can draw on there who wouldn't have to relocate. I'm writing player profiles for the Arsenal programme in the Pizza Plate and the highest squad number is 103. Add Spurs and Watford just locally. OK some come from overseas but only a small number will make it at the big clubs and many more will settle in the lower divisions and the NL.
We're talking about different types of players here. I'm talking about the players they've picked up from the levels below them - not kids from Arsenal or Spurs.

Either way, I can't see him coming. He'll be aiming to be in League 2 with Boreham Wood next year anyway.

DT1892 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote: What I'm thinking is the huge pool of players he can draw on there who wouldn't have to relocate. I'm writing player profiles for the Arsenal programme in the Pizza Plate and the highest squad number is 103. Add Spurs and Watford just locally. OK some come from overseas but only a small number will make it at the big clubs and many more will settle in the lower divisions and the NL.
We're talking about different types of players here. I'm talking about the players they've picked up from the levels below them - not kids from Arsenal or Spurs..
Key point is "settle in the lower divisions", I don't mean straight from the big clubs' youth teams but with a pedigree there.

Arsenal U21s incidentally seem very young with a couple of 16-year-olds. I don't know what dates England and Denmark U19s have games but they have one call-up for each.

Personally I think Gary Johnson is worth looking at, quite an impressive PPM of circa 1.45 over his managerial career.

Gary has taken many of his Clubs through to higher leagues, including Bristol City and even Yeovil from non league into the Championship. Currently with Torquay who narrowly missed out on promotion back to the EFL last season.
Has undoubtedly got the right pedigree so surely must be worth a look.