Re: So who's taking over

Blackandamber wrote:
PortandSud wrote:After yesterdays result I would keep Hats until the end of the season
Hats knows the club and the players better than anyone else. I would see how he gets on over the next 5 or 6 games whilst potential candidates are investigated. Of course we don't know if Wayne wants the job.
Given his comments in the SWA, Hats seems likely to follow MF and so may not be an option.

excessbee wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:It’s all about opinions,Rowberry is untried and a big gamble.Better to pick someone with a track record.
And Flynn’s track record before taking over was.......?
Flynny took it on and we will be forever grateful but,he had some fortunate moments which helped us.He took on a job that seemed doomed that probably would end in relegation.He motivated the players and was able to wing it on occasions and was a bit green in the Plymouth game.We don’t need to take a chance now like we did with Hudson,who was a bit green then also.

excessbee wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:It’s all about opinions,Rowberry is untried and a big gamble.Better to pick someone with a track record.
And Flynn’s track record before taking over was.......?

..........he was already here, he knew the place inside out and we were doomed. He wasn't a considered choice, he was keeping the seat warm for non-league.

I wouldn't hold that against him. We are not Man U. He will certainly know a lot of people in the game in England and that could be a good start. I don't put much store by coaching badges. He was very young to get them but he wasn't a player so that gave him time to do it while others were playing. I would want to know that he wants to be a manager and see what impression he makes when talked with at length. He should know better than most that management is a precarious occupation and that, in the end, most managers fail. There are loads of questions but in the end it is the feeling that the board get for the man that counts rather than coaching badges. If Hats is staying, which I hope he is, I wouldn't employ Rowberry but rather a more senior manager who would fit in better with Hats' immense experience as a player and a coach. I wouldn't try to make up a manager from bits of two people, say Rowberry as head coach and a more business man managerial type. That won't work for us. We need a clear and unchallenged gaffer.