Re: Kardiff and Bristol rovers

I just wonder as to whether the truth of his leaving will ever come out. Did he resign? Was he pushed? We can guess as much as we like but we don’t know. It is all very strange to me.

He has had a very good record at the County over the years but his recent antics haven’t done him any good at all. It is as though he was trying to engineer his exit. Is there some sort of confidentiality agreement to keep the details out of the media. I suspect we will never know.

JonD wrote:Yeah, it's a strange thing to disapprove of someone for being adept at negotiating favourable employment terms..
I think he has done very well negotiating with us and good luck to him - what is then irritating is all the nonsense about Newport boy, County in his blood, County first etc. Let’s be clear he is only interested in Mike Flynn and always has been and it has served him well and for him and his family I hope it continues - it was just very much time for him and the club to move on.

County ranger wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:The great escape, cup runs and two playoff finals trump that for me.
Cup runs are luck of the draw and helped by poorly prepared opposition under rating the under dogs cup final. One off games are fun but it is the performance over a season that counts for a cv.
I'd buy this argument if it happened once. We developed a reputation in the FA Cup under Flynn, and still beat teams higher in the pyramid than us.

whoareya wrote:
JonD wrote:Yeah, it's a strange thing to disapprove of someone for being adept at negotiating favourable employment terms..
Like we all do when referring to Premier League players.....?
It's not that wages in the Premier League are not obscene, they are. But that is not the fault of the players. Everyone tries to secure the best wage they can.

DT1892 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:The great escape, cup runs and two playoff finals trump that for me.
Cup runs are luck of the draw and helped by poorly prepared opposition under rating the under dogs cup final. One off games are fun but it is the performance over a season that counts for a cv.
I'd buy this argument if it happened once. We developed a reputation in the FA Cup under Flynn, and still beat teams higher in the pyramid than us.
Cup runs get you income as a one off and good income but promotion is the only thing that really matters and the route to sustainable increases in income - just over 3,000 on Saturday what would a L1 crowd be 4,500 - 5,000 ?

County ranger wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Cup runs get you income as a one off and good income but promotion is the only thing that really matters and the route to sustainable increases in income - just over 3,000 on Saturday what would a L1 crowd be 4,500 - 5,000 ?
Where would we be now without that income? He's left us in a better place than when he took over.

pembsexile wrote:I just wonder as to whether the truth of his leaving will ever come out. Did he resign? Was he pushed? We can guess as much as we like but we don’t know. It is all very strange to me.

He has had a very good record at the County over the years but his recent antics haven’t done him any good at all. It is as though he was trying to engineer his exit. Is there some sort of confidentiality agreement to keep the details out of the media. I suspect we will never know.

Where to start.

A very good record. Probably fourth best manager with a top three record.

Antics: More Directors signed in Flynn's time than players, who signed them? How was that paid for?

What engineered exit, it's what anybody with a conscience might have done.

Lost in Willesden wrote:
pembsexile wrote:I just wonder as to whether the truth of his leaving will ever come out. Did he resign? Was he pushed? We can guess as much as we like but we don’t know. It is all very strange to me.

Where to start.

A very good record. Probably fourth best manager with a top three record.

Antics: More Directors signed in Flynn's time than players, who signed them? How was that paid for?

What engineered exit, it's what anybody with a conscience might have done.
No real need of a dramatic poem ! but think Youl find the directors are not paid roles & pretty sure he resigned & also sure we haven’t had 40/50 directors.