Re: Bar Amber

I stress the following scenario is only a possibility based on the known facts. It could be wrong; then again it might not be.

How long has the Riverside been unused? That there is 'some problem with the guy who owns it' may be true, but if it is the only reason can be that he either doesn't want to or is unable to sell.

Here's another possible reason.

Two years and four months ago in the Royal box at Wembley Gavin was telling everyone that the new 'lease' with the owners of Rodney Parade would shortly be announced. It has yet to be. And eight years into our 10 year license it still hasn't been formally announced.

Now of course the WRU have us over a barrel. And their duty is towards Welsh rugby not Newport County. They therefore are, not to put too fine a point on it, juicing us, squeezing us for every last penny. That's how businesses works from the New York mob to Barclaycard.

You can just picture some Machiavellin character sat across the table from Gavin and Kevin can't you?

"So you boys need a new license? I tell you, trying to run a pub in direct competition to our nice little match day earner, I don't think so. Not if you want to stay at Rodney Parade."

George Street-Bridge wrote:Did you see the size of the Dragons' attendance v Leinster? Published as just over 5,000 but on TV it looked half that. Against one of the top teams in Europe. They need us just as much as we need them.
If believing that makes you feel any better good for you.

By the way the game was broadcast on primetime here in Ireland. With the resulting royalties. As will the games with Munster and Connacht. This season and every season. No doubt French opposition sees the games broadcast in France. TV money George.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Did you see the size of the Dragons' attendance v Leinster? Published as just over 5,000 but on TV it looked half that. Against one of the top teams in Europe. They need us just as much as we need them.
Can I ask what's this to do with bar Amber

UPTHEPORT wrote:
rncfc wrote:Pretty sure it's being looked into but there are some delays with the guy who owns the place.
Thanks mate not much competition with Riverside shut as well

Didn’t know that Jim. It’s while since I have been over. The Riverside used to be a good County place, great after game meeting place as well.

pembsexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
rncfc wrote:Pretty sure it's being looked into but there are some delays with the guy who owns the place.

Didn’t know that Jim. It’s while since I have been over. The Riverside used to be a good County place, great after game meeting place as well.
I walk over the bridge Mike and in that area only the pod is open on the right as you walk

So a great opportunity for a short term lease because these buildings are laying empty perhaps a cheeky offer

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Can I ask what's this to do with bar Amber
Read the post above mine.

George Street-Bridge wrote:All that TV money and you can still pay £30 for a seat.
They're a business George. The WRU own Rodney Parade, our rent is insignificant to them. As for £30 to sit and watch top international sportsmen, what do we pay to watch fourth tier journeymen?

As I say my analysis as to why we won't use the Riverside bar as a potential money earner could be wrong. Your analysis that it is wrong on the basis that the WRU need us as much as we need them simply doesn't add up.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I stress the following scenario is only a possibility based on the known facts. It could be wrong; then again it might not be.

How long has the Riverside been unused? That there is 'some problem with the guy who owns it' may be true, but if it is the only reason can be that he either doesn't want to or is unable to sell.
I assumed the question about Bar Amber was referring to The Ivy Bush, and likewise the querie about a 'problem with the guy who owns it'. The club never invested in a licence for the Riverside. Did the arrangement at The Ivy Bush commence after the Riverside closed down?

UPTHEPORT wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

I walk over the bridge Mike and in that area only the pod is open on the right as you walk

So a great opportunity for a short term lease because these buildings are laying empty perhaps a cheeky offer
I think you will find The Dodger is open, its only just around the corner and not much further to walk from town.