Re: Can we have a poll?

If you look at AFC Wimbledon as the most recent example of what I assume is the aspiration, you'll see that their model consists of joint ventures, land leasing, swaps, sales, dilution of ownership through Trust share issues and most recently a joint venture with a property developer for their new ground that also has housing and retail included.

Their fund raising was done within the Trust itself and was nowhere near the amount needed to OWN a new stadium outright. As far as I can see, they don't own their new stadium outright.

Yet our most recent incarnation of the 'we need our own stadium' call is for a stand-alone, ring-fenced fund based on a lack of trust in the Trust.........

-

George Street-Bridge wrote:Wasn't there a hiccup towards the end of the project when the money ran out or seemed likely to?

Yes, they agreed an 18-month bridging loan of £4m with a property finance firm.. The deal includes a further allowance for fees and rolled-up interest. The deal will be secured against the new stadium and guaranteed by AFCW PLC

pembsexile wrote:The legacy point is interesting. How do we remember Managers? Is it by our success, whether they got us new training facilities or a new stadium. All the Managers in the past 40 years have failed on the last one.

I think managers should concentrate on attempting success on the pitch. Leave other issues to the Board and the fans.
I’m not disagreeing about that fundamentally it’s just that Flynn expressed a desire for such a development and probably provided enough of a cash bonus with his cup runs to enable the board to do it - perhaps his salary demands took enough out of the pot to prevent it! :lol:
I’m disappointed that the ready made facilities at Dragon Park are not open to us, it’s a football facility and surely not used 24/7 or rather 7/7. How often do the National organisation use it? The council could have helped us there by a stipulation that we were to have use of it as a condition of planning permission.

lowandhard wrote:
pembsexile wrote:The legacy point is interesting. How do we remember Managers? Is it by our success, whether they got us new training facilities or a new stadium. All the Managers in the past 40 years have failed on the last one.

I think managers should concentrate on attempting success on the pitch. Leave other issues to the Board and the fans.
I’m not disagreeing about that fundamentally it’s just that Flynn expressed a desire for such a development and probably provided enough of a cash bonus with his cup runs to enable the board to do it - perhaps his salary demands took enough out of the pot to prevent it! :lol:
I’m disappointed that the ready made facilities at Dragon Park are not open to us, it’s a football facility and surely not used 24/7 or rather 7/7. How often do the National organisation use it? The council could have helped us there by a stipulation that we were to have use of it as a condition of planning permission.
Didn’t the Council also contribute financially, possibly a land gift, or have I got that wrong?