Re: 9,147

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Before we all go down the sa.e hole let's instead stay on topic.

Newport County get poor gates (or hates :grin: ) for a city of Newport's size.

Now there must be reasons for this. And it has been a long term problem. The thing with reasons is that with work you can find out what they are and importantly you can address them.

Brian Harris used the excuse that it was the fault of the people of Newport. And that excuse has been a convenient get out for far too many. Long term excuses don't cut the mustard. Harris end up being a pub landlord who glassed one of his customers.

Bangitinthenet is absolutely correct in saying that going to a football match and supporting a team is a generation to generation thing. And we may well be failing to ensure that happens. But in going on to say it's because people leave Newport to pursue careers he in my view changes the reason into an excuse. You think people don't leave Rotherham or Huddersfield?.

Likewise Whoareya. Of course 25 years in non league didn't help. However within 11 years in the league and after 100 years non league Wimbledon finished 6th in Division 1 and beat Liverpool in the Cup Final.

For me the biggest problem is there seems to be a defeatist attitude in Newport. If you work hard enough and are prepared to take the knocks you can achieve most things. If you believe that you are going to fail you will.
Stan, I believe that you are part of the problem,
and not the solution. Trying to hide behind "defeatist attitude" is clearly the usual Stan bollocks. You are failing to admit any form of responsibility for your breaking the chain, and instead pretending it is something else.

Wimbledon were of course financed up to the first division and everyone knows it. We got out of non League due as much to a benefactor, as the skill of those in charge. Same thing, but in our case the benefactor Fecked Off.

In fact if you look at it objectively without taking into account the situation, we must be the only club in the league that Fecked Off from its support!!!