Cowards

Sorry I'm late to the party. I've read all the thread of Flynn's gone but irrespective of the leaked information etc, was it this word in public that gave the Board no alternative? How can you get players to play for you after that?

Re: Cowards

Bonson&Hunt wrote:Sorry I'm late to the party. I've read all the thread of Flynn's gone but irrespective of the leaked information etc, was it this word in public that gave the Board no alternative? How can you get players to play for you after that?
Tend to agree, it’s abusive and very difficult to come back from a statement like that. It’s still far better than what I called them and Flynny after that 2nd half at Barrow mind you :lol:

UPTHEPORT wrote:Only just seen the interview I thought Flynny was spot on imo

I'd only read the post match comments before
Ever had a bad day at work? Been given a bollocking by your boss? Happens to most people.

Now imagine you get home, feeling low because deep down you know your boss was right. You resolve to do better in future.

Then you put your feet up turn on the radio and your boss is bollocking you on that, in disgust you turn off the radio and pick up the Argus to read. And seeing the headline that reads 'Jim Uptheport is a lazy coward says management at a Cwmbran hospital' do you sit back and think fair enough?

Morning Bren

Personally speaking it would be water off my back but I know he'd be in the poo

But you see managers call refs all sorts yet not all are brought up on it

Sometimes they are right with what they say but then other times they are proven the ref got the decisions right later on

It appears fairly likely to me, that his departure had been brewing in the background for some time.

Calling the players cowards, not giving interviews, appearing disinterested.
All these are just symptoms of knowing your days are numbered and "the gloves being off".

I went through a similar time when I left a previous company. Fell out with a few co-directors, felt like it was coming to an end, so just did and said as I pleased for about 6 months, knowing full well it wasn't going to make any difference. Also performed at about 50% capacity for the time in question.

rncfc wrote:It appears fairly likely to me, that his departure had been brewing in the background for some time.

Calling the players cowards, not giving interviews, appearing disinterested.
All these are just symptoms of knowing your days are numbered and "the gloves being off".

I went through a similar time when I left a previous company. Fell out with a few co-directors, felt like it was coming to an end, so just did and said as I pleased for about 6 months, knowing full well it wasn't going to make any difference. Also performed at about 50% capacity for the time in question.
Agreed. In the club statement they have said the leaving has been amicable. Corporate speak there.

I hadn’t noticed him in the betting before but Hats is now 3rd favourite and has said publicly that he is speaking to MF about today’s game. Good.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Wales Today on Friday evening quoted Wayne as saying he doesn't want the job.
He was probably only named in the first place because it was a made up list, comprising ex Newport managers and out of work managers who have worked within 100 miles of Newport. I doubt if any were actually asked if they were interested. It's telling that Rowberry only appeared later, and as an immediate favourite.

Hats stated recently that he has 12 months (I think) left on his contract and he would like to honour it. Fine by me. He also stated that he was a grass field man and didn’t like the politics of footy. Understandable. He also stated that he doesn’t want the job. We have all heard that.

I’d like to see him in a caretaker position for a while. No rush. Another 3 points today would be great.

UPTHEPORT wrote:Morning Bren

Sometimes they are right with what they say but then other times they are proven the ref got the decisions right later on
More idiotic comments supporting abuse of the players as it is water off a ducks back sure you mind me judging you an idiot.

Hi Jim,

Criticism of referees is somewhat different from criticism from your manager. As you know league referees are assessed by someone in the stand. I suspect that sometimes these assessments might be quite scathing of a referees performance. Fair enough. But if these assessments were made public, I think referees might go on strike.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Hi Jim,

Criticism of referees is somewhat different from criticism from your manager. As you know league referees are assessed by someone in the stand. I suspect that sometimes these assessments might be quite scathing of a referees performance. Fair enough. But if these assessments were made public, I think referees might go on strike.
Your assessment of Charlie Hopkins and the then board of Newport AFC's performance in the participation of the succesfull he restraint of trade act against the FA of Wales, were hardly complimentary! OOPs! sorry I dragged up the past .

jonescmj1 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Hi Jim,

Your assessment of Charlie Hopkins and the then board of Newport AFC's performance in the participation of the succesfull he restraint of trade act against the FA of Wales, were hardly complimentary! OOPs! sorry I dragged up the past .
Really?

Myself and Charlie got on fine when we exchanged very amicable emails a few years back.

Seriously Colin, your obsession with me must be exhausting, I'd try a long bath with some Radox. Other bathsalts are available.