Question Newport County

Poll ended at October 14th, 2021, 12:17 pm You may select 1 option

should put out the best possible team;
Total votes: 22 (47%)
begin to put resources into the development of the club.?
Total votes: 22 (47%)
Or no opinion
Total votes: 3 (6%)
Total votes: 47

Re: Poll how should we move forward as a Club

whoareya wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 1:13 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 12:18 pm As reported at the time, the ground was available to the WRU at a price which wouldn't have been available to the council (or anyone else) because the deal involved assuming responsibility for debts secured against the ground. With some NRFC supporters unhappy with what they saw as chicanery around the loans.

I don't pay council tax in Newport and never have, but I'd be very unhappy if my local council got involved in a deal like that. Far from stupid, I'd call it sensibly prudent. If indeed a council would even be allowed by law to bid in those circumstances.
All land is owned by the Crown. It is this that allows the local authority to take control of the land via compulsory purchase. In terms the Council can buy land at a fair price. Often below the market price.

I would, if I were you, seriously consider not commenting on matters of which you know nothing.
And if I were you, I would keep the Crown's right to compulsory purchase in context.

Perhaps to purchase land and/or property as part of an infrastructure project approved by the Department for Transport
Or to purchase property in a dangerous or derelict state

But to purchase a privately owned sport stadium where none of the above apply ?

Nonsense.
I suggest you examine the 1965 Compulsory Purchase Act. That not you lays down the criteria.

However even if you were right, and you're not, you overlook one very simple fact. The stadium was being sold in any event. Compulsory Purchase disputes are usually over money. Compulsory Purchase has one great advantage to the vendor. No messy conveyancing.

Newport RFC were shafted. Their members failed to ensure that those with charge of their club were properly accountable. It is a mistake that they regret and a mistake we will regret if we don't hold those responsible for our club to the highest standards. You see you can have 100 honest directors over as many years as you please. But you only need one rogue and it all comes crashing down.

Now I know it is claimed Newport County have no assets. Ticket sales alone account for about £1,000,000 per season. That's an awful lot of cash swilling about.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 1:54 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 12:18 pm As reported at the time, the ground was available to the WRU at a price which wouldn't have been available to the council (or anyone else) because the deal involved assuming responsibility for debts secured against the ground. With some NRFC supporters unhappy with what they saw as chicanery around the loans.

I don't pay council tax in Newport and never have, but I'd be very unhappy if my local council got involved in a deal like that. Far from stupid, I'd call it sensibly prudent. If indeed a council would even be allowed by law to bid in those circumstances.
All land is owned by the Crown. It is this that allows the local authority to take control of the land via compulsory purchase. In terms the Council can buy land at a fair price. Often below the market price.

I would, if I were you, seriously consider not commenting on matters of which you know nothing.
And if I were you, I would keep the Crown's right to compulsory purchase in context.

Perhaps to purchase land and/or property as part of an infrastructure project approved by the Department for Transport

Nonsense.
I suggest you examine the 1965 Compulsory Purchase Act. That not you lays down the criteria.

However even if you were right, and you're not, you overlook one very simple fact. The stadium was being sold in any event. Compulsory Purchase disputes are usually over money. Compulsory Purchase has one great advantage to the vendor. No messy conveyancing.

Newport RFC were shafted. Their members failed to ensure that those with charge of their club were properly accountable. It is a mistake that they regret and a mistake we will regret if we don't hold those responsible for our club to the highest standards. You see you can have 100 honest directors over as many years as you please. But you only need one rogue and it all comes crashing down.

Now I know it is claimed Newport County have no assets. Ticket sales alone account for about £1,000,000 per season. That's an awful lot of cash swilling about.
You've gone off at a tangent - as always assuming that all scenarios arise from, or result in a conflict/dispute.
There was no dispute, the WRU made an offer, the Newport RFC members had a free vote, they voted to sell.
You can quote the law and subsequent case law all you like, it was irrelevant to compulsory purchase.

EDIT - just to add that, on what basis do you put £1,000,000 as a value of season ticket sales?

Interesting belief that, that the law on compulsory purchase has nothing to do with compulsory purchase.

Still this entire thread only appeared because you said it was a topic on which other than my obsession nobody was interested. Five and a half thousand hits in two weeks. Still inspiring/provoking conversation.

Feeling a bit silly now are we? Don't worry I won't snitch.

Edit.

You're clearly not a lawyer. And neither are you a math's teacher. Oh God I hope not.

£15 average cost per ticket. = £15,000 per 1,000 spectators. Average County gate 3,500. £15,000 x 3.5 = £52,500 per game. 23 home League games per season £1,207,500. Add a couple of Cup-ties and my £1,00,000 is clearly on the conservative side. Why not just enjoy the game and stop making yourself look foolish?
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on October 23rd, 2021, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 1:54 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Nonsense.

Notwithstanding the deflection, you quite clearly have a text book view rather than have actually been involved in compulsory purchase.
A case in point is Colne Street, adjacent the ground and in amongst the new development. The council wanted to compulsory purchase Colne Street and offer the land for development. Guess what foreign troll, they were unsuccessful in their application which was firmly rejected.
So much for your understanding of the law.

Anyway at the game and it's about to kick off.
Enjoy the Railway Children at the omniplex.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 3:36 pm I don't know the number of viewers. But for your figure to be correct each viewer on average would have had to make over 100 views. You and Bangitonmehead might be obsessed with me, I doubt everyone else is. We're leading 1-0, try and enjoy the game.
I think you're confusing obsession with calling you out for what you are, a foreign troll. And what's more, the deflections,insults, etc keep coming.
We're laughing at your inability to engage, discuss or even debate in a thread that you started. It's absolutely priceless.🤣😂🤣

George Street-Bridge wrote: October 24th, 2021, 8:01 am "Foreign troll" is unfair. You mean "overseas".

I'll repeat, I'd be very unhappy if the council I pay council tax to got involved in a deal with reported terms like the one in which Rodney Parade changed hands.
That's fair enough.

Be grateful that you don't live in Newport, I see the local council have spent £26,000,000 on the Southern Distributor Road over the last four years. At our age not good to get that upset, not good for the old ticker.

So you agree with Bangedonthehead I'm a troll. I always think of people who remain anonymous and type up abuse to the parents of teenage cancer victims are trolls. You and red ink think it applies to people who disagree with your view of the world. Interesting.

George Street-Bridge wrote: October 24th, 2021, 11:06 am No, I think you are here under false pretences. The appeal of the forum is offering you therapy in the shape of reassurance that you really as clever as you think you are but fear you might not be.
I know I am not qualified to make mental health assessments. Even if I were, I know I'm not clever enough to make a mental health diagnosis of someone I've never met. I know that no mental health professional would ever attempt to make such an assessment.

As with law George, I'd stop talking nonsense on subjects on which you know nothing. In this instance it is offensive.

George Street-Bridge wrote: October 24th, 2021, 12:12 pm I'm merely offering advice on the impression you make, and not just on me. You can dish it out but when it comes back, to use your own phrase, you "whine like a piglet". Although I wouldn't myself preface that with "typical Newport".
Fair enough.

Whine like a piglet if the local council spends £3,000,000 on a stadium to ensure the future of football clubs playing in our city. Has no view on the local authority spending £26,000,000 in four years on a stretch of road.

Typical George.

Edit.

And I wouldn't write a post which in it's entirety reads 'You all right hun?'.

How George do you think such a comment added to the debate? Or could it possibly be that hypocrisy is yet another of your failings?

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 24th, 2021, 10:58 am W

So you agree with Bangedonthehead I'm a troll. I always think of people who remain anonymous and type up abuse to the parents of teenage cancer victims are trolls.

Wow, just wow.

Unbelievable that someone ignoring debate on a football forum, could come up with those words, in that order.

You're being asked to debate, in a debate that you instigated. Why is it that you find that so difficult?