Question Newport County

Poll ended at October 14th, 2021, 12:17 pm You may select 1 option

should put out the best possible team;
Total votes: 22 (47%)
begin to put resources into the development of the club.?
Total votes: 22 (47%)
Or no opinion
Total votes: 3 (6%)
Total votes: 47

Re: Poll how should we move forward as a Club

Torquay Exile wrote: October 21st, 2021, 2:14 pm Should put out the best possible team? Total votes: 22 (46.81%)

Begin to put resources into the development of the club.? Total votes: 22 (46.81%)

No opinion? Total votes: 3 (6.38%)

It was a good idea to run this poll. I think the person who set this poll up on behalf of Stan should have asked him how he would like the poll worded.

I would have worded the poll this way:

(A) Should we consider a promotion for the next five years. Concentrate instead on fundraising looking to build a new stadium?

(B) Go all out for promotion this season and next. Then look into buying into Rodney Parade (50/50 ownership with the WRU)?

(C) Agree with B with more help from the supporters and set up a fundraising committee that would work with the directors and the Trust?

(D) No opinion?
Personally, I had no option to vote for.

If it had been a worthwhile debate, followed by a vote, it would have made more sense.

However if you call for a vote and then don't put forward an option to vote for that is the opposite to your opinion then it becomes pointless.

An option such as "are you content with the way the board of directors are moving the club forward" ? Would have been the obvious choice, but it wasn't designed as a meaningful vote was it

Nevermind that the foreign troll having set the vote, didn't get the result he wanted, he declared a draw.

Having declared a draw, the foreign troll then decided that he had a mandate to attack the board of directors at Exeter!

He won't answer this of course, because he will say he has foe'd myself. However he still seems to know that I write in red to be heard, above the insulating

I don't believe you can ignore trolls, because they genuinely believe they are carrying out a service. The best way of dealing with them is to keep asking who they are representing when they go on the Attack against those running the club.

Torquay Exile wrote: October 21st, 2021, 2:14 pm Should put out the best possible team? Total votes: 22 (46.81%)

Begin to put resources into the development of the club.? Total votes: 22 (46.81%)

It was a good idea to run this poll. I think the person who set this poll up on behalf of Stan should have asked him how he would like the poll worded.

(A) Should we consider a promotion for the next five years. Concentrate instead on fundraising looking to build a new stadium?

(B) Go all out for promotion this season and next. Then look into buying into Rodney Parade (50/50 ownership with the WRU)?

(C) Agree with B with more help from the supporters and set up a fundraising committee that would work with the directors and the Trust?

(D) No opinion?

If it had been a worthwhile debate, followed by a vote, it would have made more sense.

However if you call for a vote and then don't put forward an option to vote for that is the opposite to your opinion then it becomes pointless.

An option such as "are you content with the way the board of directors are moving the club forward" ? Would have been the obvious choice, but it wasn't designed as a meaningful vote was it

Nevermind that the foreign troll having set the vote, didn't get the result he wanted, he declared a draw.

Having declared a draw, the foreign troll then decided that he had a mandate to attack the board of directors at Exeter!

He won't answer this of course, because he will say he has foe'd myself. However he still seems to know that I write in red to be heard, above the insulating

I don't believe you can ignore trolls, because they genuinely believe they are carrying out a service. The best way of dealing with them is to keep asking who they are representing when they go on the Attack against those running the club.

Bangitintrnet wrote: October 21st, 2021, 4:11 pm

(D) No opinion?

Do you know the definition of Trolling? Let me give an example:

Going on to an online discussion group. About astronomy and insisting that the earth is flat provokes an emotional and verbal response from community members.

This might be a relatively tame example, but the intent is still to disrupt and incite outrage. It is important. To note, that early trolling. Wasnt targeted by specific individuals. The goal was to derail the conversation, not torture particular commenters.

Trolling Has been weaponized:

As the idea of trolling spread, online community members came to expect this emotional instigate, aggressors also became more inventive, collaborating and escalating their efforts to not only destroy online discussions but to punish and silence participants. Instead of inciting arguments within a community for the sake of entertainment, online actors might attack an individual with whom they disagree by bombarding them with insults or spreading false information about them.

Let me go on.

From there trolling, was used as a tool for ideological battles. For example, in 2013, a group of so-called “men’s rights activists” flooded Occidental College’s online reporting system for sexual assault with more than 400 false reports. The effort was organized on Reddit and 4Chan. The group used trolling strategies like impersonating a member of a community. To provoke an outpouring of emotional and administrative energy. In perhaps the most influential. For example, thus far, the swirl of false information and conspiracies used to influence the 2016 presidential election used many tools for trolling: outrageous statements, purposeful misinformation, and fake online identities.

While the original trolls acted with intent to create discord and their strategies, was to target specific points of view and populations. Trolling was never harmless, but the gravity of online harassment today has gone far beyond trolling’s prank-like beginnings.

An Example:

Insulting or vulgar messages is one form of online harassment, but they may not elicit action from platform administrators or law enforcement when the abuser is ignored. And then the context is not assessed. And it escalates to physical stalking or violence. Even if online abuse does not escalate to offline threats or violence, that does not make it acceptable.

An Internet troll is A person, often hiding behind a fake name and a fake photo who derails the topic by attacking the commenter and/or changing the subject. A troll is different from a participant in a conversation who disagrees with a post or article and sticks to the topic presenting their opinion in a respectful way. They often use personal attacks, bad language and lack of respect toward participants while adding nothing to the conversation at hand.

But don't take my word for it, go back over this thread, or any thread, and count the times that individual participants actually engage with the topic. Not deflection/Not insinuation/Not Insulting/ Not shutting down debate/ Not declaration of a draw when you have only 47% of a very small vote/Not basing buying a stadium on purchasing a house 40 years ago/Actually debating.

I haven't counted by the way, but will be grateful if three or four impartial posters could post up results in order to form a consensus. And to be fair, divide each contributors total by the number of contributions. It will be interesting to see the results.

Bangitintrnet wrote: October 21st, 2021, 8:40 pm An Internet troll is A person, often hiding behind a fake name and a fake photo who derails the topic by attacking the commenter and/or changing the subject. A troll is different from a participant in a conversation who disagrees with a post or article and sticks to the topic presenting their opinion in a respectful way. They often use personal attacks, bad language and lack of respect toward participants while adding nothing to the conversation at hand.

But don't take my word for it, go back over this thread, or any thread, and count the times that individual participants actually engage with the topic. Not deflection/Not insinuation/Not Insulting/ Not shutting down debate/ Not declaration of a draw when you have only 47% of a very small vote/Not basing buying a stadium on purchasing a house 40 years ago/Actually debating.

I haven't counted by the way, but will be grateful if three or four impartial posters could post up results in order to form a consensus. And to be fair, divide each contributors total by the number of contributions. It will be interesting to see the results.
Do you now admit that you are a Troll? And you aim to disrupt the thread. Because you do say that you have no opinion on whether we have a stadium to call our own or even in partnership with WRU?

Torquay Exile wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 12:57 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: October 21st, 2021, 8:40 pm An Internet troll is A person, often hiding behind a fake name and a fake photo who derails the topic by attacking the commenter and/or changing the subject. A troll is different from a participant in a conversation who disagrees with a post or article and sticks to the topic presenting their opinion in a respectful way. They often use personal attacks, bad language and lack of respect toward participants while adding nothing to the conversation at hand.

Do you now admit that you are a Troll? And you aim to disrupt the thread. Because you do say that you have no opinion on whether we have a stadium to call our own or even in partnership with WRU?
[/quote

Do I, that's news to me, thank you for informing me.

I can however confirm that I am happy with the way the board if directors are using analysis to determine policy. Particularly when it represents a huge part of our income. I am happy with the WRU investment, because it shows committment. I am grateful for Newport Rugby moving out at it suits all parties. As it suited Newport County at the level that they played at. But times change, and you move forward.
I can see you are a deciple of the foreign troll, but you should ask yourself what is he basing his decisions on? Has he checked if what he is asking for is viable? Has he checked if selling beer and burger's meets the costs involved, or has he based his decision on something that he did personally?
And you are following that?

Can you confirm when he asks the board of directors to do something, who is he representing?
After all he didn't get a mandate from the vote.
He is a troll, pure and simple.
Have you read back this thread? Have you counted how many time he has engaged in debate?
You should try it, you may actually learn something.

Bangitintrnet wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 11:42 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 12:57 pm

[/quote

Do I, that's news to me, thank you for informing me.

I can however confirm that I am happy with the way the board if directors are using analysis to determine policy. Particularly when it represents a huge part of our income. I am happy with the WRU investment, because it shows committment. I am grateful for Newport Rugby moving out at it suits all parties. As it suited Newport County at the level that they played at. But times change, and you move forward.
I can see you are a deciple of the foreign troll, but you should ask yourself what is he basing his decisions on? Has he checked if what he is asking for is viable? Has he checked if selling beer and burger's meets the costs involved, or has he based his decision on something that he did personally?
And you are following that?

Can you confirm when he asks the board of directors to do something, who is he representing?
After all he didn't get a mandate from the vote.
He is a troll, pure and simple.
Have you read back this thread? Have you counted how many time he has engaged in debate?
You should try it, you may actually learn something.

So now you are not too happy with me either (as Catherine Tate would say, am I bovvered). Are you going to stalk me as you do stan I don't go through every threat counting, how many times people say, this, that, and the other, maybe you do, but that isn't me.
This thing you have with stan having ago at every opportunity you get. Trying to discredit him, why I don't know? From where I come from, it's called having beef with someone, is that you?

I still believe you are a troll.

Torquay Exile wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 1:44 am
Lost in Willesden wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 12:16 am Torquay, you have a Brexit result. 50/50.

Always the result of any Newport County (outside of Sherman) Board going back at least to the sixties.

So, Torquay what would you do?
Are you trying to say that the board? Can not be trusted?
It's late, very late.

I think you don't know anything.

But, here's what I think.

The Newport Board although Ive niggled at them are very astute. Newport RFU have recently moved to Spytyy. Which obviously is a great shame.

AFC, or Newport County's problem really has always been Facilities. A proper stadium. Down the years down the days there has always been a team and fans. But never a proper Centre.

Even today, if everything was sold tomorrow, would it garner more than £12,000?

Rodney Parade, close to the centre, overlooking the river. Land to expand.

A Cuckoo.

The obvious strategy is to get as high a FL position as possible. A decent Investor; buy Rodney ...say farewell to the Dragons and prepare for the Premiership.

10 pages of drama?

The WRU were astute enough to buy Rodney Parade for far less than it is worth. Newport City Council were stupid enough to let them. I don't really see the WRU being so stupid as to let go such a prime site. You are correct in my view with your analysis but I would ask is that if the WRU ae ruthless enough to sell a club like Newport RFC down the river. One of their own. A. club with a history which includes beating all the southern hemisphere teams, Then if it suits them to shaft Newport County, can anyone believe that they won't?

As reported at the time, the ground was available to the WRU at a price which wouldn't have been available to the council (or anyone else) because the deal involved assuming responsibility for debts secured against the ground. With some NRFC supporters unhappy with what they saw as chicanery around the loans.

I don't pay council tax in Newport and never have, but I'd be very unhappy if my local council got involved in a deal like that. Far from stupid, I'd call it sensibly prudent. If indeed a council would even be allowed by law to bid in those circumstances.

George Street-Bridge wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 12:18 pm As reported at the time, the ground was available to the WRU at a price which wouldn't have been available to the council (or anyone else) because the deal involved assuming responsibility for debts secured against the ground. With some NRFC supporters unhappy with what they saw as chicanery around the loans.

I don't pay council tax in Newport and never have, but I'd be very unhappy if my local council got involved in a deal like that. Far from stupid, I'd call it sensibly prudent. If indeed a council would even be allowed by law to bid in those circumstances.
All land is owned by the Crown. It is this that allows the local authority to take control of the land via compulsory purchase. In terms the Council can buy land at a fair price. Often below the market price.

I would, if I were you, seriously consider not commenting on matters of which you know nothing.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 12:18 pm As reported at the time, the ground was available to the WRU at a price which wouldn't have been available to the council (or anyone else) because the deal involved assuming responsibility for debts secured against the ground. With some NRFC supporters unhappy with what they saw as chicanery around the loans.

All land is owned by the Crown. It is this that allows the local authority to take control of the land via compulsory purchase. In terms the Council can buy land at a fair price. Often below the market price.

I would, if I were you, seriously consider not commenting on matters of which you know nothing.
And if I were you, I would keep the Crown's right to compulsory purchase in context.

Perhaps to purchase land and/or property as part of an infrastructure project approved by the Department for Transport
Or to purchase property in a dangerous or derelict state

But to purchase a privately owned sport stadium where none of the above apply ?

Nonsense.

whoareya wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 1:13 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

And if I were you, I would keep the Crown's right to compulsory purchase in context.

Perhaps to purchase land and/or property as part of an infrastructure project approved by the Department for Transport
Or to purchase property in a dangerous or derelict state

But to purchase a privately owned sport stadium where none of the above apply ?

Nonsense.
Indeed anyone who has used compulsory purchase will realise that the criteria and the check s and Ballances are for obvious reasons increadably strict.
Why the foreign troll continues to deflect/detact/insult is for him to answer, but it is very clearly obvious that he is not willing to enter into constructive debate.
Then again, as a foreign troll, why on earth would he?