Re: Trust Financial reports

Kairdiff Exile wrote: October 18th, 2021, 2:20 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: October 18th, 2021, 2:10 pm What about the supporters that attended games. Are they also putting money into the club?
Do they not deserve to see the Trust Financial reports?
"I buy a coffee in the canteen of Sainsbury's, I'm putting money into their coffers - do I not also deserve to take what I want from the shelves?!?"
Your argument is laughable. You deserve the following. :lol: :lol:
Please, tell me, how is that the same?

But I will answer you. That is stealing.

Oh, come now, lighten up a bit. The point is that Trust membership is very affordable (£5 a month is a fraction of a match ticket) and should be seen as 'entry level' support for the club. If you pay it, you get access to minutes, reports and the right to vote - but you also keep Newport County AFC fan-owned. It's a bargain.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: October 18th, 2021, 2:47 pm Oh, come now, lighten up a bit. The point is that Trust membership is very affordable (£5 a month is a fraction of a match ticket) and should be seen as 'entry level' support for the club. If you pay it, you get access to minutes, reports and the right to vote - but you also keep Newport County AFC fan-owned. It's a bargain.
But if it was not for the trust share holders who bought in to the rescue plan, there would be NO Newport County....

flat4 wrote: October 18th, 2021, 2:52 pm
Kairdiff Exile wrote: October 18th, 2021, 2:47 pm Oh, come now, lighten up a bit. The point is that Trust membership is very affordable (£5 a month is a fraction of a match ticket) and should be seen as 'entry level' support for the club. If you pay it, you get access to minutes, reports and the right to vote - but you also keep Newport County AFC fan-owned. It's a bargain.
But if it was not for the trust share holders who bought in to the rescue plan, there would be NO Newport County....
I don't disagree. I was replying to Torquay Exile's point about match-attending fans and whether they too should enjoy access to Trust reports, financial statements and elections.

You asked me a question, so I answered. Maybe, you should lighten up a bit.

There are many supporters out there. Who would find it difficult? to pay £5 a month. Don't you agree?

I could give you many examples, but that would make me the same as you.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: October 18th, 2021, 2:54 pm
flat4 wrote: October 18th, 2021, 2:52 pm
I don't disagree. I was replying to Torquay Exile's point about match-attending fans and whether they too should enjoy access to Trust reports, financial statements and elections.

Who said anything about elections? I didn't.

Torquay Exile wrote: October 18th, 2021, 3:01 pm There are many supporters out there. Who would find it difficult? to pay £5 a month. Don't you agree?
Of course. There are also plenty of people who would consider themselves to be Newport County fans who can't afford £20 for a match ticket. I don't consider them any less of a fan than I am, but from the club's point of view there has to be a price for getting into the ground so the club can survive financially, and from the Trust's point of view there has to be a cost to membership for the fan-owned model to be viable. £5 a month is a significantly smaller sum than a match ticket, so I think most would say it's a reasonable amount.

The status of those who bought Trust shares is definitely anomalous and needs to be clarified. I'd suggest saying that they all get allocated de facto Trust membership for a set period (5 years? 10 years?) in recognition of their contribution, after which they are asked to pay their subs like everyone else. There may be better ways of doing it - it'd be interesting to hear suggestions.

The status of those who bought Trust shares is definitely anomalous and needs to be clarified. I'd suggest saying that they all get allocated de facto Trust membership for a set period (5 years? 10 years?) in recognition of their contribution, after which they are asked to pay their subs like everyone else. There may be better ways of doing it - it'd be interesting to hear suggestions.
[/quote]

While I understand the thinking behind the idea, it could potentially lose the Trust and therefore the club a substantial amount of money. I'd imagine there are many, like me, who contributed to the share issue and have remained members of the Trust. I can only speak for myself, but I'm happy with that I get for my membership and I've never wanted anything 'in return' for the money I put into the community shares other than the survival of my club.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: October 18th, 2021, 4:12 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: October 18th, 2021, 3:01 pm There are many supporters out there. Who would find it difficult? to pay £5 a month. Don't you agree?
Of course. There are also plenty of people who would consider themselves to be Newport County fans who can't afford £20 for a match ticket. I don't consider them any less of a fan than I am, but from the club's point of view there has to be a price for getting into the ground so the club can survive financially, and from the Trust's point of view there has to be a cost to membership for the fan-owned model to be viable. £5 a month is a significantly smaller sum than a match ticket, so I think most would say it's a reasonable amount.

Is the trust a charity? or to put another way, do they see themselves as charity and doing work for the community?

Torquay Exile wrote: October 18th, 2021, 6:32 pm

Is the trust a charity? or to put another way, do they see themselves as charity and doing work for the community?
https://mutuals.fca.org.uk/Search/Society/8809

landinho wrote: October 19th, 2021, 3:54 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: October 18th, 2021, 6:32 pm

https://mutuals.fca.org.uk/Search/Society/8809
Is this to do with the Trust?