Re: Covid Passport

lowandhard wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Just one little point.

It may well be that mistakes are made. Sometimes things don't make sense. But.

The UK mortality rate is double that of Ireland. Because of the total incompetence of the Johnson Administration 75,000 UK citizens who should be alive are dead. 75,000 families will mourn, come Christmas 75,000 families will have an empty chair around the dining table.

If the Welsh Government are being overly cautious, and that's a big if, it is only because Mark Drakeford, unlike Boris Johnson actually does care about you. Getting a Covid Passport isn't exactly a Herculean task now is It?
Thanks for a bit of sense from Ireland to the UK which is led by an idiot for the enrichment of friends. We should be thanking our lucky stars for Drakeford who at least mitigates the worst policies of this moronic union.
Health is devolved so is fully the responsibility of the Welsh governement. Wales currently has the highest number of cases per head in the UK, with the Torfaen being the worst region.
If you care to work out the death rates per head of population, England is by far the worst and that’s from the YouGov site.
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

Infection rates go up and down like the tide goes in and out. Wales had the lowest figures in the UK until fairly recently. Now has the highest but unfortunately with England and the rest catching up. Deaths in Wales have been lower but the number in hospital is usually higher than in England and it is currently.

Drakeford jumped the gun when he said recently that we are over the peak of the third wave. No sooner had he said it and the figures rocketed again. More than a half being in children and people under 25. Hence the worry about night clubs.

I was at a gig in Cardiff last night. Admittedly a crowd of several hundreds rather than several thousands, but the age spectrum covered teenagers to those in their 60s, and there seemed to be no issues with people being able to obtain and produce either a virtual or paper certificate, or evidence of a recent test. Stewards were aware of what was required and processed people very swiftly. I had a paper certificate and it was checked in a matter of a few seconds; my mate had a virtual pass which was scanned and approved again in seconds.

The only problem I can foresee at County is that too many people will turn up at 2.55pm expecting to waltz straight in rather than allowing a bit of extra time for the tests, meaning a pinch point. But if people arrive in good time and prepared, it really shouldn't cause difficulties.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:I was at a gig in Cardiff last night. Admittedly a crowd of several hundreds rather than several thousands, but the age spectrum covered teenagers to those in their 60s, and there seemed to be no issues with people being able to obtain and produce either a virtual or paper certificate, or evidence of a recent test. Stewards were aware of what was required and processed people very swiftly. I had a paper certificate and it was checked in a matter of a few seconds; my mate had a virtual pass which was scanned and approved again in seconds.

The only problem I can foresee at County is that too many people will turn up at 2.55pm expecting to waltz straight in rather than allowing a bit of extra time for the tests, meaning a pinch point. But if people arrive in good time and prepared, it really shouldn't cause difficulties.
If they turn up at 2.55 pm on Tuesday they will have a long wait to get in :grin:

I don't anticipate a problem. If the regular queue of four or five at each turnstile develops, the person at the back of the queue (and the next few to join) can be checked for paperwork as the queue moves. Check a few then move to the back again and check others. It hasn't been said that everyone's details will be checked, just that everyone must have the credentials if asked.

Percy plunkett wrote:I phoned for mine just before the 5pm closure on Tuesday,it came in the post this morning.If you rang through Wednesday or Thursday,you should get it in time for Tuesday.The problem could be anyone ringing later than that,five working days was always going to be cutting it fine.
So they are still managing to deliver on the 4th day after you order the pass. Pretty good service I think.

Was any one over the Dragons last night and witnessed the new system in action?

Looking back on this thread I’m glad that the pass checks have gone so well at RP so far…

However Radio Wales reported today that Wrexham’s (as of last year 10k, and used to be 15k years ago) ground is now being assessed as a <10k all seated ground and exempt from covid controls.

So they’ve fudged their capacity figure to be marginally under the 10k in the WG regulations, and are conveniently “all seated”. Their crowd today was 3x ours and in no way more socially distanced. We pay for extra stewards and do extra paperwork because we have 1/3 the fans, only a few hundred of whom actually use our standing area

landinho wrote: October 30th, 2021, 8:33 pm Looking back on this thread I’m glad that the pass checks have gone so well at RP so far…

However Radio Wales reported today that Wrexham’s (as of last year 10k, and used to be 15k years ago) ground is now being assessed as a <10k all seated ground and exempt from covid controls.

So they’ve fudged their capacity figure to be marginally under the 10k in the WG regulations, and are conveniently “all seated”. Their crowd today was 3x ours and in no way more socially distanced. We pay for extra stewards and do extra paperwork because we have 1/3 the fans, only a few hundred of whom actually use our standing area
Certainly seems unfair and at odds with the purpose of the 'covid passport', although personally am glad that it is being done at RP