Re: Covid Passport

I see. I'm not sure it is as easy as all that. You have to register the test with the Welsh Government and have codes of some sort that come with the test kit. So you have to have a real test kit with codes that the government computer recognises as genuine. If you have a test kit you might as well use it properly. I think that it is the return message from the government confirming that you have registered a negative test that you have to show on the door.

G Guest wrote:I see. I'm not sure it is as easy as all that. You have to register the test with the Welsh Government and have codes of some sort that come with the test kit. So you have to have a real test kit with codes that the government computer recognises as genuine. If you have a test kit you might as well use it properly. I think that it is the return message from the government confirming that you have registered a negative test that you have to show on the door.
Have you ever done one of these? The return message is only a formal presentation of the result that you submitted. It doesn't even mean that a test (swab, put into liquid reactor, dripped onto slide, wait thirty minutes) was actually undertaken. It gives you a formal presentation that the result of the test slide number which you submitted (by scanning on your phone) was whatever you told them it was. I've done four or five, legitimately, if I needed one in a rush, and was so inclined, it would take about 5 minutes. It's a deeply flawed system.

G Guest wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
landinho wrote:What a mess from WG. I’m all for covid passes but we were initially clearly an under 10k outdoor event. Now we’re moved over to being a “outdoor non-seated events for more than 4,000 people”?

Less than 1,500/20ish% of attendees are standing at our games, and this punishes is for having standing… which is better distanced and ventilated than seating

There’s an argument for us shutting the standing just to avoid having to spend time and money implementing this u-turn…
I'd agree apart from standing being better distanced and ventilated. This is true of the North terrace, but they're packed in like sardines by the dug outs.

I note that it can take up to 10 days to get a paper covid pass. Bad news for those who need one for the Carlisle game in 7 days.
Paper passes have been arriving much faster than 10 days. Mine only took four days and I know someone else the same.
I've rung 0300 3035667 several times. Each time I get the recorded message "this service is not compatible with this call".

I went through the tedious (but obviously necessary) process of identity proof and got the digital pass ages ago. My pass had an expiry date (28/30? days) I assumed that meant the visible pass expired but I could reactivate it. Not so it seems. Trying to flash up the pass again says it has expired and I must go through the verification process again. I'll know next time to refresh before the 30 day limit to keep it updated. I have the letter version as well.

excessbee wrote:I went through the tedious (but obviously necessary) process of identity proof and got the digital pass ages ago. My pass had an expiry date (28/30? days) I assumed that meant the visible pass expired but I could reactivate it. Not so it seems. Trying to flash up the pass again says it has expired and I must go through the verification process again. I'll know next time to refresh before the 30 day limit to keep it updated. I have the letter version as well.
Yes you got to log in at least once a month

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Just one little point.

It may well be that mistakes are made. Sometimes things don't make sense. But.

The UK mortality rate is double that of Ireland. Because of the total incompetence of the Johnson Administration 75,000 UK citizens who should be alive are dead. 75,000 families will mourn, come Christmas 75,000 families will have an empty chair around the dining table.

If the Welsh Government are being overly cautious, and that's a big if, it is only because Mark Drakeford, unlike Boris Johnson actually does care about you. Getting a Covid Passport isn't exactly a Herculean task now is It?
What is that mortality rate comparison based on, and what is that 75,000 deaths figure based on?

llanwern exile wrote:Just got mine and one for the missus over the phone using the number 03003035667 had to phone it a few times for it to actually get it to work but once through only took 5 mins, also was told they last as long as it takes until the powers that be make changes.
Finally managed to get through on the 0300 number. As you said once I got through it only took about 5 mins.

My Covid passport was checked regularly this weekend in Estonia. It was standard at every bar, cafe, restaurant to be asked for it on entry. It seemed to have become an accepted part of everyday life there. The only place in Tallinn that we didn't need to show it was,strangely, the football ground. By contrast in Prague the only places we were needed it was when gaining entry to the ground and to the Country at the airport.

Blackandamber wrote:
G Guest wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
landinho wrote:What a mess from WG. I’m all for covid passes but we were initially clearly an under 10k outdoor event. Now we’re moved over to being a “outdoor non-seated events for more than 4,000 people”?

Less than 1,500/20ish% of attendees are standing at our games, and this punishes is for having standing… which is better distanced and ventilated than seating

There’s an argument for us shutting the standing just to avoid having to spend time and money implementing this u-turn…
I'd agree apart from standing being better distanced and ventilated. This is true of the North terrace, but they're packed in like sardines by the dug outs.

I note that it can take up to 10 days to get a paper covid pass. Bad news for those who need one for the Carlisle game in 7 days.
Paper passes have been arriving much faster than 10 days. Mine only took four days and I know someone else the same.
I've rung 0300 3035667 several times. Each time I get the recorded message "this service is not compatible with this call".
I have just phoned the number myself and got through straight away. So I don't know why you have had a problem.

Amberexile wrote:My Covid passport was checked regularly this weekend in Estonia. It was standard at every bar, cafe, restaurant to be asked for it on entry. It seemed to have become an accepted part of everyday life there. The only place in Tallinn that we didn't need to show it was,strangely, the football ground. By contrast in Prague the only places we were needed it was when gaining entry to the ground and to the Country at the airport.
Went there a few years back. They are the (nearly) most digitally advanced country in Europe and are very proud of it. Saw posters saying that in lots of places. Nice place.