Website running costs / upgrades

Not to be like the Spytty days and get the fundraising bucket out but...

I'm looking for a bit of help with the running costs and money towards beefing up our website security

I think with these fixes, we should be in the clear.

I'd bear the financial brunt of it but having paid a consultant to wade through MYSQL, I'm short and in credit at present...
Weareexiles.net needs your help in order to get back on track!

It's been a difficult time in terms of forum downtime but with the fixes in place and potential security upgrades to come, hopefully we can kick on and carry on as normal.

I'm hoping that the faithful can help me out with running costs this year as I have had to pay a consultant to assist on a few various tasks in which my knowledge is short on.

The total fundraising sum covers us for security upgrades, two years of URL registration, 16 months of firewall and HTTPS and 18 months of web-hosting as negotiated with the service provider.

Your help would be immensely appreciated!
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8DOzQa8MvO

Re: Website running costs / upgrades

Jack wrote:Not to be like the Spytty days and get the fundraising bucket out but...

I'm looking for a bit of help with the running costs and money towards beefing up our website security

I think with these fixes, we should be in the clear.

I'd bear the financial brunt of it but having paid a consultant to wade through MYSQL, I'm short and in credit at present...
Weareexiles.net needs your help in order to get back on track!

It's been a difficult time in terms of forum downtime but with the fixes in place and potential security upgrades to come, hopefully we can kick on and carry on as normal.

I'm hoping that the faithful can help me out with running costs this year as I have had to pay a consultant to assist on a few various tasks in which my knowledge is short on.

The total fundraising sum covers us for security upgrades, two years of URL registration, 16 months of firewall and HTTPS and 18 months of web-hosting as negotiated with the service provider.

Your help would be immensely appreciated!
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8DOzQa8MvO

Posted on Friends of Newport County Linkedin Page.

Re: Website running costs / upgrades

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
Jack wrote:An anonymous donator has just blown the fundraiser out of the water with £200, suffice to say... holy s**t! Thank you (big time)
Wow. Despite some of the occasional sniping and carping, there are some jolly fine folk on this board. Whoever you are, well done and thank you.
Your right KE we all have our differences on just about everything in life on these boards! but what we all have in common is the love of the football club, and this forum has become an integral part of the club for me since i retired and my health is not what it used to be, so although i can't afford a lot i will send what i can to jack to help in the running of these boards as i believe we all should.
We are all quick enough to log in here everyday but its jack who bears the cost of keeping it going, so imho its time we all shared in the cost of running this forum.

Steps down off soapbox and puts the kettle on.