Re: Flynny to kardiff

County ranger wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 6:56 pm Flynn does not have the pedigree to go to the Championship - given his behaviour since the Play Off final it would be a brave board that employed him, particularly if they also noticed the cloud that has been removed from our players since he left.
I think his discontent was to do with the direction of the club wanted to go. Employing a SD, not having a quality training ground (now being used for rugby matches), having a development squad when he would prefer to use the extra funds to buy better 1st team players - They want to be the new Crewe?

I think he had gone through 2 playoff finals where we were cheated twice. The quality of refereeing in L2 is sometimes shocking, the quality of the pitch and he just couldn't take anymore when the players made silly mistakes that costed us and he basically flipped and called them all cowards - This was the point of no return!

ulkraineinthebahrain wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 9:31 pm
County ranger wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 6:56 pm Flynn does not have the pedigree to go to the Championship - given his behaviour since the Play Off final it would be a brave board that employed him, particularly if they also noticed the cloud that has been removed from our players since he left.
I think his discontent was to do with the direction of the club wanted to go. Employing a SD, not having a quality training ground (now being used for rugby matches), having a development squad when he would prefer to use the extra funds to buy better 1st team players - They want to be the new Crewe?

I think he had gone through 2 playoff finals where we were cheated twice. The quality of refereeing in L2 is sometimes shocking, the quality of the pitch and he just couldn't take anymore when the players made silly mistakes that costed us and he basically flipped and called them all cowards - This was the point of no return!
I agree that his tiffy may have been the “ point of no return “ - in which case he was most unwise to make it, after all footballers are such sensitive little souls. But I tend to think that he failed to recruit the squad that he wanted, couldn’t see automatic promotion, wasn’t keen on working with a SD and had all around reached the end of his tether. He’d run out of ideas and needed a “ time out “ whether self - taken or enforced by the board. Now, I liked Flynny and I’ll never forget or fail to praise what he did for the club but it was a mutually advantageous arrangement. By that I mean he did well from the club too. His era is over and frankly I’m excited by its possible future, I reckon the way we’re heading is the only one sustainable in the long term.

Interesting interview with Cardiff's chairman about the situation there https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... DRWmw_5De4

Includes this, which it's hard to picture Flynn fitting in with. "We have a transfer committee, Vincent Tan is a voice, the manager is a voice, I'm kind of the conduit. But if you have a really strong manager, like Neil Warnock, they seem to break the transfer policy. Emiliano Sala is an example. The Board were not supportive of paying that sum, but he went over our heads to Vincent."

It sounds like a shambles. He says they've only done one good piece of transfer business recently.

George Street-Bridge wrote: October 26th, 2021, 9:11 am Interesting interview with Cardiff's chairman about the situation there https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... DRWmw_5De4

Includes this, which it's hard to picture Flynn fitting in with. "We have a transfer committee, Vincent Tan is a voice, the manager is a voice, I'm kind of the conduit. But if you have a really strong manager, like Neil Warnock, they seem to break the transfer policy. Emiliano Sala is an example. The Board were not supportive of paying that sum, but he went over our heads to Vincent."

It sounds like a shambles. He says they've only done one good piece of transfer business recently.
Hm I’m not so sure. I was taken by this quote:
There will be no money to buy players in January, there will probably be no money to buy in the summer.
Not exactly trying to attract an experienced figure eg Wilder. MF is probably the only man in the top five with the bookies who has recently managed a club with a £0 transfer budget. Also interesting that Tan is only “open” to the idea of a DoF. I take that to mean the next manager will get input as to whether to appoint one.