Re: GRANDSTAND: Carlisle (home) match-day thread

wattsville_boy wrote: October 19th, 2021, 9:49 pm Very poor second half performance, very reminiscent of Barrow. Somehow County managed not to through it away on this occasion.

Very poor refereeing. Upson will be able to play on Saturday because he was sent off for heading the ball. The referee made the decision on Carlisle desperate claims for handball. I can believe in the conditions he may not of seen which part of Upson's body was used to put the ball out for a corner but you shouldn't make decisions based on what the visiting side claim has happened...
Felt a bit like the referee was going into business for himself in the second half.

Very disappointing result, and 2nd half performance even before the sending off. Didn't get a good enough view to comment on it's validity. Thought our closing down and marking of the opposition was slack, to put it mildly throughout, On the plus side Telford took his 2 goals well, and combined with Baker-Richardson's long range shooting we do appear to have strikers who will score goals given the opportunities.

At least we have the drainage fixed or it might have ended like this https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/1 ... gged-chaos

Seriously, good game which we absolutely blew. Telford's finishing was superb, I think you have to go back to the second league game last season to find one of our strikers scoring two in a league game. As someone said, the second half was just like Barrow. Upson is just a 45-minute player and on top of that their opener came from him giving the ball away in our half. Time to give Missilou a go and Lewis at LB.

Disappointing result I don’t think we were that bad in the second half, the conditions dragged the game down and both sides looked done at the 70 min mark just before the penalty. Too far away to comment on penalty but if hand ball it is a red if not appeal. Haynes second yellow was justified, in the conditions thought the ref did well.
Telford a revelation glad he stood up to Flynn and did not leave I wonder how many other players had their confidence destroyed by Flynn?
The concern is in the current style of play we do not have wing backs to play the role - Haynes is just about ok but Norman is no wing back he is an old fashioned right back - Clarke has to shout at him to move forward constantly and he is not good at picking a cross.
Will be interesting to see what the new coach does a tough first management job hope some support infra structure is put around him like a Lenny Lawrence.
On recent games I expect us to stay where we are mid table, with the usual up and downs of inconsistent performances.