Re: GRANDSTAND: Carlisle (home) match-day thread

County have been (except for the odd error) superb especially considering what we've been through in the past few weeks.

Hatswell has done himself proud, even if we go on to get demolished tonight (doesn't look likely), it'll be a shame to see him go if he does. I wish he wouldn't be so deferential about his managerial aspirations, he's clearly capable of raising morale and steering a stormy ship.

Decent enough point under the circumstances. Sounded quite end-to-end, but the first red card really took the wind out of us by the looks of it. Focus has to be on Saturday now - metaphorically speaking, the handing of the torch from one Newport boy to another, and you would think we'd have a decent enough away following as it's quite close.

Could be worse; Bristol City were winning until the 91st minute, and they still lost!

Very poor second half performance, very reminiscent of Barrow. Somehow County managed not to through it away on this occasion.

Very poor refereeing. Upson will be able to play on Saturday because he was sent off for heading the ball. The referee made the decision on Carlisle desperate claims for handball. I can believe in the conditions he may not of seen which part of Upson's body was used to put the ball out for a corner but you shouldn't make decisions based on what the visiting side claim has happened...

wattsville_boy wrote: October 19th, 2021, 9:49 pm Very poor second half performance, very reminiscent of Barrow. Somehow County managed not to through it away on this occasion.

Very poor refereeing. Upson will be able to play on Saturday because he was sent off for heading the ball. The referee made the decision on Carlisle desperate claims for handball. I can believe in the conditions he may not of seen which part of Upson's body was used to put the ball out for a corner but you shouldn't make decisions based on what the visiting side claim has happened...
Fair point about Upson , I thought that he headed it but there was no protest (not that this has ever changed a refereee's mind). However, if the red card stays I don't think that this will cause us too much pain as our midfield looks light in every sense of the word. Robbie had a decent game though again.