Re: James Rowberry

In any modern club the DOF 'Kelly' needs to be aligned with the manger. Looks like the board are convinced.

Am, I. No:

Rationale: The current squad is quite experienced and hard to handle. And not the current managements choice, even though there is a little talent there.

Kelly has never been a 'Director of Football' and Rowberry a 'Football Manager' and I believe they have never worked together.

So, calamity ******* James.

But, no. It could work given time. Weed out the Barrow second and Carlisle second halves. Who gave up.

As Newcastle wonder where the 10 years of Premiership money went, not let's wonder where the Flynny money went.

You're all wrong. Nothing new there.

I don't care what his experience is. I don't care whether he has managed before or not. I don't, on the other hand, care whether or not he is good at press conferences.
My only concern and the only thing he should be judged on is whether he wins more games than he loses. And I sincerely hope he does.

Stating the obvious - football is a results based business, if you don’t cut the mustard as a Manager you are out. It’s a football fact of life. However, to get there and be successful you have to have a combination of factors. Talent, man management, experience, knowledge of the game to name a few. I’m not particularly bothered (in a grand sense) how he deals with the press. I wish him well as all County fans will. We can start with three points today please. Mew manager bounce perhaps?😀

pembsexile wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 8:29 am Stating the obvious - football is a results based business, if you don’t cut the mustard as a Manager you are out. It’s a football fact of life. However, to get there and be successful you have to have a combination of factors. Talent, man management, experience, knowledge of the game to name a few. I’m not particularly bothered (in a grand sense) how he deals with the press. I wish him well as all County fans will. We can start with three points today please. Mew manager bounce perhaps?😀
You forgot the biggest one of all Mike - luck.

Mr Figo wrote: October 25th, 2021, 8:40 am
pembsexile wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 8:29 am Stating the obvious - football is a results based business, if you don’t cut the mustard as a Manager you are out. It’s a football fact of life. However, to get there and be successful you have to have a combination of factors. Talent, man management, experience, knowledge of the game to name a few. I’m not particularly bothered (in a grand sense) how he deals with the press. I wish him well as all County fans will. We can start with three points today please. Mew manager bounce perhaps?😀
You forgot the biggest one of all Mike - luck.
Spot on, quite correct Mike. I forgot that. From what I have heard on Saturday he has his slice of it at the moment.

Don't believe everything you hear. We were way better than Rovers on Saturday. It was they who had the slice of luck, good as Pitman's strike was, it came from sloppy defending of a poor cross. The perfect time for a goal too. It gave them a bit of a lift which continued into the second half but we got back on top and I would say, far from us being lucky, Rovers were lucky not to have lost more heavily.

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Gary Player.

We all get good luck. We all suffer misfortune. When I was first at the bar a senior QC gave me a bit of advice. When things go wrong, and they will, it is easy to find an excuse. Even if there isn't one you can simply blame bad luck. Well that's true to a degree. Sometimes you will lose because you have been unlucky. But if you keep being unlucky then you're doing something wrong.

Or as I believe the late, great Jimmy Sirrel put it. "You're never unlucky to be relegated"